Rockefeller University Press
The Rockefeller University Press (RUP) is a department of The Rockefeller University.
Rockefeller University Press publishes three scientific journals: Journal of Experimental Medicine, founded in 1896, Journal of General Physiology, founded in 1918, and Journal of Cell Biology, founded in 1955 under the title The Journal of Biophysical and Biochemical Cytology. All editorial decisions on manuscripts submitted to the three journals are made by active scientists in conjunction with in-house scientific editors, and all peer-review operations and pre-press production functions are carried out at the Rockefeller University Press offices.
Open access policy
Rockefeller University Press provides public access to the articles it publishes. All content of Journal of Experimental Medicine, Journal of Cell Biology, and Journal of General Physiology (back to volume 1, issue 1) is hosted by HighWire Press and PubMed Central, where it is available to the public for free 6 months after publication under a Creative Commons license.
- Wade, Nicholas (2006-01-24). "It May Look Authentic; Here's How To Tell It Isn't". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Rossner M, Yamada KM (2004). "What's in a picture? The temptation of image manipulation". J. Cell Biol. 166 (1): 11–15. doi:10.1083/jcb.200406019. PMC . PMID 15240566. Archived from the original on November 20, 2007.
- Rossner M, O'Donnell R (2004). "The JCB will let your data shine in RGB". J. Cell Biol. 164 (1): 11–13. doi:10.1083/jcb.200312069. PMC . PMID 18172955. Archived from the original on December 2, 2007.
- Hill E (2007). "JCB content automatically deposited in PubMed Central (PMC)". J. Cell Biol. 179 (1): 9. doi:10.1083/jcb.200708190.
- Rossner M (2007). "Bending the truth with a PRISM". J. Cell Biol. 179 (2): 177–178. doi:10.1083/jcb.200709001. PMC . PMID 17938251.