Rocket City Trash Pandas
|Rocket City Trash Pandas|
Founded in 2020
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Double-A South (2021–present)|
|Southern League (2020)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Team||Los Angeles Angels (2020–present)|
|Name||Rocket City Trash Pandas (2020–present)|
|Colors||Red, blue, gray, white, black|
|Ballpark||Toyota Field (2020–present)|
|General Manager||Garrett Fahrmann|
The Rocket City Trash Pandas are a Minor League Baseball team of the Double-A South and the Double-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels. They are located in Madison, Alabama, and play their home games at Toyota Field.
In November 2017, BallCorps LLC purchased the Southern League's Mobile BayBears from owners Michael Savit and HWS Group for the purpose of relocating the team to Madison, Alabama, in 2020. Upon relocation, the team was renamed the Rocket City Trash Pandas. The name is a reference to both the area's association with the space industry, namely from Huntsville, and the determination and ingenuity of raccoons. In December 2019, Rocket City announced that it had sold more than $2 million in merchandise in just over 13 months since announcing its branding.
The Trash Pandas were to begin their inaugural season on the road playing against the Birmingham Barons on April 9, 2020, and play their first home game on April 15; however, the start of the 2020 season was postponed before getting canceled on June 30 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, pushing back their inaugural season by a year. In conjunction with Major League Baseball's restructuring of Minor League Baseball in 2021, the Southern League disbanded and the Trash Pandas were organized into the eight-team Double-A South. Their scheduled May 4, 2021, road opener was postponed due to inclement weather, so they played their first game the next night against the Chattanooga Lookouts at AT&T Field in Chattanooga, Tennessee, losing 6–1.
7-day injured list
- "Jay Bell Named Rocket City Trash Pandas First Manager". Rocket City Trash Pandas. Minor League Baseball. January 7, 2020. Retrieved January 22, 2020.
- "Rocket City Trash Pandas Name Garrett Fahrmann VP & General Manager". Rocket City Trash Pandas. Minor League Baseball. August 8, 2019. Retrieved November 12, 2020.
- Gattis, Paul (August 1, 2019). "Trash Pandas release 2020 schedule, opening vs. Braves". AL.com. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- Stephenson, Creg (November 9, 2017). "Mobile BayBears confirm sale, will play 2018 season at Hank Aaron Stadium". AL.com. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "MiLB Approves Mobile BayBears Move to Madison". Ballpark Digest. August Publications. May 30, 2018. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Ary, Patrick (September 5, 2018). "Rocket City Trash Pandas chosen as new Madison baseball team's name". WHNT-TV. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- "Rocket City Trash Pandas Pass $2M Mark in Licensed Merchandise Sales". Rocket City Trash Pandas. Minor League Baseball. December 23, 2019. Retrieved January 25, 2020.
- "2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved". Minor League Baseball. June 30, 2020. Retrieved September 29, 2020.
- Mayo, Jonathan (February 12, 2021). "MLB Announces New Minors Teams, Leagues". Major League Baseball. Retrieved February 12, 2021.
- "Trash Pandas Season Opener Rained Out". Rocket City Trash Pandas. Minor League Baseball. May 4, 2021. Retrieved May 5, 2021.
- "Trash Pandas vs. Lookouts Box Score 05/05/21". Minor League Baseball. May 5, 2021. Retrieved May 5, 2021.