|Designer(s)||Coin-Op Interactive |
|Release||June 17, 2009 |
Rocket Riot is a downloadable video game developed by Dutch company Codeglue for PC on Steam and Windows 10 the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade service and the marketplace for Windows Phone 7. The title is published by THQ and was released on June 17, 2009., on November 11, 2011 the game released on iOS. On October 19, 2016 the game released on Steam and Windows 10.
Rocket Riot is an arena shooter in which the player controls a jetpack-powered character wielding a rocket launcher. The character can be moved in any direction using the left joystick, while the right joystick is used to aim the weapon, by choosing the angle and the power of the shot. Players move in a closed arena, where every object is destructible with rockets. This allow players to create shortcuts, hide themselves, but also sometimes release power-ups that can boost the player's attack or defense, create a silly effect (for example making the rocket launcher fires basketball balls or skulls) or be a trick power-up dangerous for the player (for example replacing the rocket launcher with a fake gun that doesn't shoot but release a small "BANG" flag).
The concept for Rocket Riot was created by Dutch company Coin-Op Interactive. Codeglue purchased the game concept and took on development duties, with Coin-Op providing assistance as creative director. Dutch company SonicPicnic composed all the music and made all the sound effects for the game. October 19, 2016 Codeglue re-published Rocket Riot on Steam and Windows 10 (PC and mobile).
-  Archived September 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Xbox LIVE Arcade site". Xbox.com. 2009-06-16.
- "Codeglue page". Codeglue.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- ZTGD. "Rocket Riot | Reviews | ZTGD". Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Fishman, Brian (2010-10-21). "Rocket Riot Review". GameSpot.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Daemon Hatfield. "Rocket Riot Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN". Uk.xboxlive.ign.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Coin-Op: Rocket Riot page Archived September 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Coin-Op[dead link]
- "SonicPicnic". Sonicpicnic.nl. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Rocket Riot - GameRankings". Game Rankings.
- Hatfield, Daemon (2009-06-16). "Rocket Riot Review". IGN. Retrieved 2009-06-17.