The Rockin' 1000 is a group of rock musicians from mainly Italy and a few from other countries such as Australia, Canada, Mexico, England, Belgium Spain, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia, United States, Germany, Greece, France, Sweden, Turkey, Bulgaria, Russia, Poland, Belarus and Georgia . As the name indicates, over a thousand musicians play and sing simultaneously at their concerts. The home of the organization is in Cesena in Italy, originally assembled in July 2015 as a stunt to get the Foo Fighters to visit their hometown, which finally happened on 3 November 2015.
On 29 june, 2019, the band played a concert of 19 songs in the biggest football arena in France, the Stadium of France (Stade de France) in Saint-Denis near Paris, 55.000 peoples attended to this show.
On July 7th 2019, the Rockin'1000 band played 18 songs in the Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt, Germany. With 1,002 musicians playing in front of an audience of 15.000 spectators, the project achieved the world record for the »largest performing rock band«. Hundreds of guitar, bass players, drummers, Keyboards, Singers and also Winds and Strings were joined together in that giant band, playing rock classics by Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Oasis and others.
On October the 12, same year, the band played a 18 songs concert in Milano Linate Airport, to celebrate the re-opening of the airport at Milano Linate Airshow, in front of 20.000 peoples. Also the famous Italian ElettroRock band Subsonica and Manuel Agnelli, frontman of the band Afterhours, performed 3 songs each with the support of the biggest rock band on Earth. During the show the band celebrated the main events happened in other famous years ending with “9” like the first man on Moon, Woodstock concert and the Berlin Wall fall, with overwhelming performance of Space Oddity, Fortunate Son and The Wall.
- "The Biggest Band In The World – Italy's Rockin'1000 Founder Fabio Zaffagnini On Foo Fighters, Viral Success And Their Mad Live Show". NME. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Jack Shepherd (4 November 2015). "Foo Fighters play 27-song-set to the 1000 'Learn to Fly' rockers in Italy". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "David Bowie's 'Rebel Rebel' Song Performed Live by 1,000 Musicians". Music Times. 2016-08-02. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- "Watch David Bowie's 'Rebel Rebel' Performed by 1,000 People". Rolling Stone. 2016-08-01. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video". Rolling Stone. 2015-08-02. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "LARGEST ROCK BAND ON EARTH PLAYS CONCERT IN GERMANY". RID REKORD-INSTITUT für DEUTSCHLAND. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
|This article about an Italian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|