||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mathias Crochon (French pronunciation: [matjas kʁɔˈʃɔ̃]), better known as Rockin' Squat ([ʁɔkin ˈskwat]), is a French MC. He is the son of the actor Jean-Pierre Cassel and the brother of Vincent Cassel and Cécile Cassel. In the mid-80s, he created the famous rap group Assassin, becoming the first artist of this scene to mention politics and social problems in his records. The subjects of his rap songs include modern slavery ("Esclave 2000"), ecology ("Sauvons la planète"), political prisoners ("Écrire contre l'oubli"), women's rights ("L'objet" and "L'Entrave a nos jouissances"), racism ("Peur d'une race"), the NWO ("Démocratie fasciste : Article 1, 2, 3 and 4", "Illuminazi 666") or African colonisation ("France à fric"). He has collaborated with artists such as KRS-One, Supernatural, Olodum, Immortal Technique, Cheick Tidiane Seck, El-P, RZA, Agallah The Don Bishop, RA the Rugged Man or Wise Intelligent. His triple album, "Confessions d'un enfant du siècle", has been released between 2008 and 2010.
In April 2009, a new song leaked on the internet named Democratie Fasciste (Article 4) which featured Immortal Technique. The official release of the song and Rockin Squat's album "Confessions D'un Enfant Du Siècle Volume 2" was on May 12, 2009. The beat from the song was sampled from Wu-Tang Clan's song "Tearz". The song expresses the inequalities of the Third World and revolutionary events throughout history against tyranny and oppression. The song contains lyrics in English (Immortal Technique), French (Rockin' Squat) and brief shout outs in Spanish (Immortal Technique). He also makes tracks with artistes like KRS-One, Seu Jorge, Tony Allen, Supernatural, Olodum, Ol Dirty Bastard, Cheick Tidiane Seck, El-P, RZA, Agallah The Don Bishop, R.A. the Rugged Man, Ivor Lancellotti, Oxmo Puccino or Wise Intelligent.
- From 1989 to 2002 "All the records of Assassin (rap crew)
- 2002 "Illegal Mixtape" (Street Album) (As.Prod)
- 2003 "Illegal Mixtape 2" (Street Album) (As.Prod / Livin' Astro)
- 2004 "Libre vs Démocratie fasciste" (EP) (Livin' Astro / Menace Records / M10)
- 2005 "Libre vs Démocratie fasciste" (Remix) (Livin' Astro / EMI)
- 2006 "Illegal Mixtape 2" (Reedition) (Livin'Astro)
- 2007 "Too Hot for TV" (EP) (Livin'Astro)
- 2008 "Confessions d'un enfant du siècle" (Volume 1) (Livin' Astro)
- 2009 "Confessions d'un enfant du siècle" (Volume 2) (Livin' Astro)
- 2010 "Olympia 2009" (Livin'Astro)
- 2010 "Confessions d'un enfant du siècle" (Volume 3) (Livin' Astro)
- 2011 "US Alien Chapter one" (Compilation) (Livin' Astro)
- 2011 "Confessions / La Trilogie" (Livin'Astro)
- 2011 "Illegal Mixtapes 1 (Réédition 2011)" (Livin'Astro)
- 2012 "Illegal Mixtapes 3" (Livin'Astro)
- 2010 Assassin/Rockin' Squat "Olympia 2009" 2h20 Live show at Olympia, Paris, France
- "Rockin Squat Ft. Immortal Technique - Démocratie Fasciste (Article 4)'". Immortal Technique Forum.