Rockin' with Suzi Q
|Genre||Music radio, blues, rock, soul|
|Home station||BBC Radio 2|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Opening theme||"Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller" by Chuck Berry|
As well as researching and presenting radio programmes, Quatro is the first female bass guitar player to become a major rock star. This broke a barrier to women's participation in rock music.:1–3
Programmes started with Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller". In one programme, Quatro said "I've been doing this song for 30 years. It's what I was. It's what I am. It's what I always will be."
Next, Quatro would play her favourite blues, rock, and soul tunes from independent record labels, relating them back to her own life and experiences. She would also read out feedback received from listeners. An example was:
"Suzi is back with the music we love,
though many of the artists are in heaven above."
|The Guardian (2005)||favourable|
|The Guardian (2007)||favourable|
|This table needs to be expanded using prose. See the guideline for more information.|
- Quatro, Suzi. "BBC - BBC Radio 2 Programmes - Suzi Quatro: Rockin' with Suzi Q". www.bbc.co.uk. London, UK: BBC. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Auslander, Philip (28 January 2004). "I Wanna Be Your Man: Suzi Quatro's musical androgyny" (PDF). Popular Music. United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press. 23 (1). doi:10.1017/S0261143004000030. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "BBC Queens of British Pop, Suzi Quatro - David Jensen film clip 2009". www.bbc.co.uk. London, UK: BBC. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Mahoney, Elisabeth (28 October 2005). "Rockin' With Suzi Q, Radio review, Media, The Guardian". www.guardian.co.uk. London, UK: Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Redmond, Camilla (8 June 2007). "Camilla Redmond on Rockin' with Suzi Q, Radio review, Television & radio, The Guardian". www.guardian.co.uk. London, UK: Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
|This article about a radio show or programme in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|