Rockland Historic District (Brooklandville, Maryland)
Rockland Historic District
Rockland Historic District-Rowhouses, December 2009
|Location||Both sides of Falls Rd. (MD 25) at jct. of Old Court Rd. (MD 133), Brooklandville, Maryland|
|Area||24 acres (9.7 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||73000899|
|Added to NRHP||April 11, 1973|
Rockland Historic District is a national historic district at Brooklandville, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States. It is located at the intersection of Old Court Road and Falls Road, where Old Court turns into Ruxton Road. There are 15 buildings in the area, including a general store, tavern, the shell of a blacksmith shop, a carriage house, several log buildings, a group of stone rowhouses, the Rockland Grist Mill, and an 18th-century dwelling. It is one of the surviving examples of a small, quiet, sylvan community of the early 19th century.
Rockland Grist Mill dates to at least 1810, and has been used for a variety of purposes, including manufacture of calico, cotton spinning, production of wooden toys and artificial silk, food preservation additives and jewelry cleaning solutions.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- J. Richard Rivoire and Nancy A. Miller (July 1972). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Rockland Historic District" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- Baltimore Sun Article on Brooklandville and Rockland, retrieved on December 29, 2013
- Rockland Historic District, Baltimore County, including photo from 2006, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Boundary Map of the Rockland Historic District, Baltimore County, at Maryland Historical Trust
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Baltimore County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|