Rockledge High School
|Rockledge High School|
|Type||Public High School|
|Established||1970 as Rockledge High, succeeds former Cocoa High|
|School district||Brevard Public Schools|
|Number of students||about 1200|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue, Silver, Red|
|Website||Rockledge High School Official Website|
In 2005, Rockledge High School became the first in the school district to offer the Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE). In 2007, Rockledge was designated an International Fellowship Center, a special recognition only available to schools with an AICE program, making it only the 19th in the world and the 5th in the U.S. to gain this title.
In 2009, the estimated income to fund sports at the school was $144,502. That amounted to $312 per athlete.
In 2013, Rockledge alum and NFL player Laurent Robinson donated 15 Shockbox concussion sensors to his former high school. The Raiders will be the first high school in Florida to use such technology to monitor their players, which will occur throughout the 2013-14 season in collaboration with researchers from the University of South Florida.
The school won the state championship in 3A football in 2001 and 2002.
Rockledge also won the state championship in 4A baseball in 2004.
- Laurent Robinson 2003 - Professional football player 
- Mel Mitchell - Professional football player 
- McCullum, Brian (March 20, 2016). "Holland remembers transitional times". Florida Today. Melbourne, Florida. p. 2.
- "RACE TO THE TOP LEA FINAL SCOPE OF WORK – EXHIBIT II" (PDF). fldoe.org. p. 30. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Krol, Jenet (27 September 2007). "Rockledge High designated Cambridge International Fellowship Center". Rockledge, Florida: Hometown News. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- McCallum, Brian (March 19, 2009). Pay-to-play is on the table. Florida Today.
- Johnson, Tom (15 May 2013). "NFL player and Rockledge alum donates concussion sensors to alma mater". Rockledge, Florida: myfoxorlando.com. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Seh, Jamie (30 October 2013). "Brevard Co. HS football team tests high-tech helmets which alert coach to concussion risk". Rockledge, Florida: clickorlando.com. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- McCallum, Brian (12 December 2009). "Back-to-back football titles hug hurdle for any team". Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today. pp. 1C.
- "St. Louis Rams Roster". stlouisrams.com. Archived from the original on February 10, 2010. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Laurent Robinson". stlouisrams.com. Archived from the original on September 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Mel Mitchell Bio". wkusports.com. Retrieved 7 November 2013.