Rockline Venkatesh at the launch of CCL 4
T N VENKI|
23 March 1963
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
T. N. Venkatesh (born 23 March 1963), better known by his stage name Rockline Venkatesh, with a networth above 300 cr he is an Indian film actor, producer and distributor known for his works in Kannada, Tamil, and Hindi cinemas. He is the founder and owner of the production and distribution company, Rockline Entertainments which has produced over twenty five films as of 2012. In 2015 he co-produced Bajrangi Bhaijaan which earned the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment at the 63rd National Film Awards.
Venkatesh began his career as a stuntman, a villain, supporting roles and produced Kannada television serial initially. He started his production venture in 1996 with co production of Ayudha. He has made films with original stories and also remakes from other languages. He has made films with top super stars of Kannada film industry like Dr. Vishnuvardhan, Ambareesh, Ravichandran, Shivaraj Kumar, Upendra, Darshan, Vijay and others and also made a few small budget films. He has used top film directors like Ravichandran, S.V.Rajendra Singh Babu, D.Rajendra Babu, S. Narayan, KV Raju, Om Prakash Rao, MS Rajashekhar, Sadhu Kokila, Dayal Padmanabhan, Meher Ramesh and others. In 2009, When IDBI started financing Kannada films, Rockline Venkatesh one of the initial producers to welcome the bank to Industry. Rockline Productions has now become a brand name in the Kannada film industry which has produced several blockbusters like Preethse, Preethsodh Thappa, Yaare Neenu Cheluve, Ajay, Mourya, Diggajaru, and Dakota Express.
2010 – present
In 2010, The ongoing buzz was created when it was said superstar Upendra is directing a movie after 10 years, Rockline Venkatesh produced the movie and its said that they spend lakhs of money on photoshoot itself. And in late 2013, after making films like Super, Preethse and Maurya, Venkatesh was very keen to remake Tamil film Soodhu Kavvum in Kannada. Later it was mentioned that Rohit Shetty from Hindi film industry would direct the Hindi version of the film. Recently Venkatesh has been seen working with superstars from various industries, he made his debut as a Telugu film producer with 2014's Power, starring Ravi Teja, Lingaa starring Rajnikanth which released in various languages and in 2015 he associated with Bollywood's superstar Salman Khan for the film Bajrangi Bhaijaan which emerged as a commercial success grossing over ₹6.25 billion worldwide and in the process and became the third highest grossing Indian film after PK and Baahubali.
On New Year's Eve 2015, Killing Veerappan by Ram Gopal Varma was released. Rockline Venkatesh has keyed well in the prominent role as a police officer (where he has performed police roles in movies such as Agni IPS and Police Story) who becomes one of the victim to the killings of Veerappan.
In mid 2016 Rockline Venkatesh acquired the remake rights of Marathi blockbuster Sairat for four southern languages. Sairat, the critically acclaimed love story is the first Marathi film to gross over ₹100 crore (US$15 million) worldwide. Rinku Rajguru, heroine of the Marathi film Sairat will make Sandalwood debut with the Kannada version directed by S Narayan.
In January 2017, Rockline Venkatesh's first Malayalam film was announced. The film having Mohanlal and Manju Warrier in the lead roles will be directed by B. Unnikrishnan while Tamil actor Vishal has been cast as the main villain.
- Snehada Kadalalli (1992)
- Ananda Jyothi (1993)
- Police Story (1996)
- Agni IPS (1997)
- Dakota Express (2002)
- Police Story 2 (2007)
- Killing Veerappan (2016)
- Naachiyaar (2018; Tamil)
- "63rd National Film Awards" (PDF) (Press release). Directorate of Film Festivals. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "IDBI not keen on financing Kannada films". Rediff.
- "Celebs at Karnataka Chalanachitra Kalavidara Sangha". ask4tick.com. 13 February 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Artist association grand meeting". indiaglitz.com. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "FTII-like institute to come up in Bengaluru". newindianexpress.com. 11 February 2018. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce". newindianexpress.com.
- "Upendra, the director returns". Rediff.
- "'Soodhu Kavvum' to have Kannada remake". Business Standard.
- "ROHIT SHETTY TO REMAKE SOODHU KAVVUM". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Bajrangi Bhaijaan Total Box Office collections – Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Harshaali". www.belvoireagle.com.
- "Success ka effect: Sairat to now be remade in 4 different languages!". DNA India. 2016-06-12. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Kannada Remake Of Marathi Film Sairat Launched". filmibeat. 2016-10-14. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "Vishal's role in Malayalam debut revealed?". The New Indian Express.
- "Vishal to play the main antagonist in Mohanlal's next?". www.bollywoodlife.com.
- "Vishal to make his Malayalam debut in Mohanlal's next". The Indian Express. 27 January 2017.
- "Actor Vishal to make Mollywood debut in Mohanlal-starrer". manoramaonline.com.