|Genres||Hard rock, alternative rock, pop punk|
|Labels||PolyEast, Universal, 12 Stone|
|Associated acts||Imago (band)
|Past members||Howie Ramos|
History and singles
Formerly known as Acoustic Faith, Rocksteddy was founded in March 2003 by fellow church members, a trio of Christian rockers including singer Teddy Corpuz, drummer Jeff Cucullo, and rhythm guitar Howie Ramos. In 2005, they decided to drop the Christian lyricism and acoustic style and turned to alternative rock. Singer Teddy however did not drop the spoken word element of their former music which became the signature sound of Rocksteddy. The band opened 2006 with the release of their debut album “Tsubtsatagilidakeyn.” It features the hits "Lagi Mo Na Lang Akong Dinededma," "Gising Na," and the Close Up single "Smile at Me." They also provided the theme song, "Superhero," for the ABS-CBN fantasy show Super Inggo and contributed to the "Kami nAPO Muna: Tribute to the Apo Hiking Society" album with a cover of "Blue Jeans". They became part of the Manila sound tribute album, "Hopia, Mani, Popcorn", with their rendition of the Juan dela Cruz song, "No Touch".
In 2007, the band launched their second album with their single, "Break Na Tayo".
In 2009, Rocksteddy launched their 3rd album, "Ayos Lang Ako", now under PolyEast Records, with their single "Boy Kulot".
In 2013, Rocksteddy their an Extended Play album Instadramatic now with a newest label Universal Records with their single "Matutunan Mo Rin", the concept of the album cover was a similar to the Instagram logo.
In 2014, Rocksteddy launched their newest album and 4th album Kinagat Ng Seven Lions, now with Universal Records, with their new single "Sa Panaginip".
- Teddy Corpuz - lead vocals
- Jeff Cucullo - drums, percussion
- Christian Sindico - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Juven Pelingon - lead guitars, rhythm guitar
- Howie Ramos - rhythm guitar
“Tsubtsatagilidakeyn” is Rocksteddy’s first debut album released on January 6, 2006 which made a hit out of “Lagi Mo Na Lang Akong Dinededma”. Tsubtsatagilidakeyn is a popular phrase Filipino children would blurt out playing “Teks, a card game where the correct side of a flipped card wins. In the same year Rocksteddy was also invited to join the tribute album “Kami nAPO muna” doing their version of Apo Hiking Society’s “Blue Jeans”. Another tribute album followed, “The Best of Manila Sound: Hopia Mani Popcorn”, this time they do “No Touch” by Juan Dela Cruz Band.
In 2007, Rocksteddy released EP album –dubbed a “maxi” album by Teddy—“Patipatopanabla” which contained their hit songs from different projects. It includes “Superhero”, the TV soundtrack to ABS-CBN’s series “Super Inggo” starring Makisig Morales. The album also included the band’s music videos.
Rocksteddy returned with a new album in 2008 with “Ayos Lang Ako”, which they recorded at musician Vic Mercado’s (formerly of band Bamboo) house and co-produced with Lean Ansing, guitarist of metalcore band Slapshock.
While working on their fourth album, Rocksteddy released the single “Matutuhan Mo Rin”, a love song about a guy who’s willing to wait for a girl to feel the same for him. Teddy directed its music video which stars actors Jason Abalos and Maan Marquez.
- Tsubtsatagilidakeyn (released by 12 Stone and Sony Music on January 26, 2006).
- Patipatopanabla (released by 12 Stone and Sony Music in 2007).
- Ayos Lang Ako (released by 12 Stone and PolyEast Records in 2008).
- Kinagat Ng Seven Lions (released by 12 Stone and Universal Records in 2014).
- Kami nAPO Muna (Universal Records, 2006)
- The Best Of Manila Sound: Hopia Mani Popcorn (Viva Records, 2006)
- 60 Taon Ng Musika At Soap Opera (Star Music, 2010)
- I-Star 15: The Best Of Alternative & Rock Songs (Star Music, 2010)
Music videos and singles
- Lagi Mo Na Lang Akong Dinededma (first funny music video)
- Gising Na
- Blue Jeans (Kami nAPO muna)
- Superhero (Super Inggo TV soundtrack)
- No Touch (The Best of Manila Sound: Hopia Mani Popcorn Directed by: Topel Lee)
- Bale wala
- Wag na lang
- Kung wala na tayo
- Playing safe
- Super nova
- Non-stop Summer
- Break na Tayo
- Kung Fu Fighting feat. Gloc 9 (Kung Fu Kids TV soundtrack)
- Ka-Blog (Theme from Ka-Blog TV Show)
- Boy Kulot (second funny music video)
- Smile At Me (Close up Commercial)
- Skulin Bukulin
- Love is Your Bullet
- Matutuhan Mo Rin
- Right By Your Side
- Sa Panaginip
Styles and influences
Rocksteddy’s lead singer Teddy Corpuz is also an actor and host, currently seen in ABS-CBN’s hit noontime show “It's Showtime”. He has appeared in commercials for Globe and TV shows such as GMA’s “Sugo” and TV5’s “Shock Attack”.