Rockwall Independent School District
In addition to Rockwall, the district serves the cities of Heath, McLendon-Chisholm, Mobile City, most of Fate, and small portions of Rowlett, Wylie, and Dallas in Rockwall County. The district also extends into a very small portion of northern Kaufman County.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2016)|
Rockwall ISD was established in 1841. In 2012 the district had 14,427 students, and in 2013 it had a budget of $100 million and over 1,500 employees.
- Grades 7-8
- Maurine Cain Middle
- J.W. Williams Middle
- Herman E. Utley Middle
- Grades PK-6
- Amanda Rochell Elementary
- Amy Parks-Heath Elementary
- Billie Stevenson Elementary (2013)
- Celia Hays Elementary (2007)
- Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary
- Dorothy Smith Pullen Elementary
- Dorris A. Jones Elementary
- Grace Hartman Elementary
- Howard Dobbs Elementary
- Nebbie Williams Elementary
- Ouida Springer Elementary
- Sharon Shannon Elementary (2007)
- Virginia Reinhardt Elementary
New Schools Under Construction
Because Rockwall is one of the fastest growing communities in the US, Rockwall is planning for constructions of more schools.
- In February 2006, Rockwall Independent School District decided to build two more elementary schools at a cost of $31,366,862.
- In addition, land acquisition in the amount of $4,830,996 for 5 new elementary sites and 1 new middle school site has begun.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Shamburger, Meredith. "Rockwall ISD adds new elementary in Fate as population grows." The Dallas Morning News. August 23, 2013. Retrieved on June 18, 2016.