From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Year first constructed||1909|
|Year first lit||1909|
The lighthouse was originally built in 1909 by William Bray using his own funds. Later after commercial traffic picked up in the port the government realized the importance of the light and did pay some of its expenses.
- Havighurst, Walter (1943) The Long Ships Passing: The Story of the Great Lakes, Macmillan Publishers.
- Oleszewski, Wes, Great Lakes Lighthouses, American and Canadian: A Comprehensive Directory/Guide to Great Lakes Lighthouses, (Gwinn, Michigan: Avery Color Studios, Inc., 1998) ISBN 0-932212-98-0.
- Pepper, Terry. "Seeing the Light: Lighthouses on the western Great Lakes".
- Wright, Larry and Wright, Patricia, Great Lakes Lighthouses Encyclopedia Hardback (Erin: Boston Mills Press, 2006) ISBN 1-55046-399-3.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Wisconsin". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.