||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rockwood is a neighbourhood in south central Winnipeg.
Its borders are Corydon Avenue on the north, Stafford Street on the east, Grant Avenue to the south, and Cambridge Street to the west.
Its land area covers 0.97 km2, where in 2006 4,205 citizens lived.
The neighbourhood features primarily post WW II single storey bungalow homes, except the homes between Harrow and Stafford Street.
Notable businesses in the neighbourhood include The Centre for Natural Medicine, Ralph's Tailor, TD Canada Trust, and Royal Bank.
Burton Cummings first band The Deverons, used to perform at the Crescentwood Community Centre.
- Rockwood Elementary School
- St. Ignatius Catholic School, built in 1908
- St. Ignatius Church
- Harrow United Church, opened December 1949.
- Crescentwood Community Club
- Harrow Park
- A Manitoba Hydro Substation Maintenance Building
- Rockwood Halls, a banquet hall
- City of Winnipeg 2006 Census Neighbourhood Profiles - Rockwood
- Rockwood Hall #303
- Winnipeg School Division - Rockwood School
- St. Ignatius Parish
- St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Crescentwood Community Centre
- Harrow United Church
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|