Rockwood/East 188th Avenue MAX Station
|MAX Light Rail Station|
|Location||18200 E Burnside St
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Bicycle facilities||bike racks|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
Rockwood/East 188th Avenue is a MAX light rail station in Gresham, Oregon. It serves the Blue Line and is the 21st stop eastbound on the eastside MAX branch. The station is at the intersection of Southeast 188th Avenue and Burnside Street, within the Rockwood neighborhood. This station is a hub for bus service to Gateway Transit Center and Gresham Transit Center.
Until 2010, this station had staggered side platforms; however, the two platforms are now adjacent, both located to the west of SE 188th Avenue. A new eastbound platform was constructed, and the original westbound platform was rebuilt – with passengers using a temporary wooden platform east of 188th during the construction. The rebuilt station has more modern fixtures, improved security features, and 58-foot high artwork entitled Rockwood Sunrise. It opened in May 2011.
The station was located in TriMet fare zone 4 from its opening in 1986 until September 1988, and in zone 3 from then until September 2012, at which time TriMet discontinued all use of zones in its fare structure.
Bus line connections
The following bus routes serve this station:
- 25 – Glisan/Rockwood
- 87 – Airport Way/181st Avenue
- "Rockwood/188th Ave and Civic Dr Stations". TriMet. 2011. Archived from the original on October 25, 2011. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Federman, Stan (September 5, 1986). "Going to the MAX: Facts to know about the new line".The Oregonian, special section ("Light rail rolls"), p. T10.
- Houston, Bryan K. (September 2, 1988). "Tri-Met changes go into effect Sunday". The Oregonian, p. E10.
- Bailey Jr., Everton (August 30, 2012) [print edition date Aug. 31, 2012, page 1]. "TriMet boosts most fares starting Saturday; some routes changing". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 9, 2012.