Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School
|Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School|
|437 Somerset Avenue
Rockwood, Pennsylvania, 15557
|School type||Public Junior/Senior High School|
|Motto||Proud of our past, Promoting our present, Focused on our future|
|School district||Rockwood Area School District|
|NCES District ID||4220520|
|NCES School ID||422052006210|
|Supertindent/Principal||Mr. Mark Bower|
|Assistant Principal||Mrs. Misty Demchak|
|Enrollment||394 (2009-10 School Term)|
|• Grade 7||58|
|• Grade 8||57|
|• Grade 9||68|
|• Grade 10||56|
|• Grade 11||80|
|• Grade 12||75|
|Student to teacher ratio||6:1|
|Athletics conference||PIAA District V|
|Communities served||Casselman, New Centerville, Rockwood, Seven Springs|
|Feeder schools||Rockwood Elementary School|
|Website||Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School|
Rockwood Area Junior/Senior High School is a public junior/senior high school located in westcentral Somerset County. The school is grades 7-12 and serves about 400 students.
All hail to thee,
Dear Rockwood High
To thee we will be true.
With everlasting memories
We owe our best to you.
Alma mater, alma mater,
We will pledge our loyalty
With voices raised
We will sing thy praise
For all eternity
|Mathematics||4||includes possibility of Business Math and/or Accounting, starting with the class of 2012|
|Science||4||Must include: Biology and Physical Science|
|Social Studies||4||Must include: World Culture, US History and American Government|
|Arts/Humanities||1||Must include a course entitled FACS Survival Skills that is taken during the Junior Year|
|Physical Education||1||0.5 Credit during Freshman Year and .5 Credit during either the 10th, 11th, or 12th Grades|
Courses at Rockwood, according to the 2011-12 Course Catalog, include:
- Languages - Including Spanish and French
- Business Technology
- Computer Technology
- Computer Science
- Agricultural Science
- Social Studies
- Engineering & Technology
- Music - Including Vocal Groups
- Family and Consumer Sciences - Includes the FACS Required Course: Survival Skills
- Health / Physical Education
- Volunteer Courses - Includes: Partners (A peer to peer match with a disabled student), Library Aide and Gym Aide
Rockwood Area participates in PIAA District V: Students come from Turkeyfoot Valley to participate in Football, Golf, Soccer, and Volleyball, while students from Berlin Brothersvalley come to participate in Wrestling.
|Basketball||Class A||Class A|
|Golf||Class AAAA||Class AAAA|
|Rifle||Class AAAA||Class AAAA|
|Soccer||Class A||Class A|
|Track and Field||Class AA||Class A|
- "NCES - School Search". U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "RAJSHS Student Handbook 2011-12" (PDF). Rockwood Area School District. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "2011-12 Senior High Student Course Selection Guide" (PDF). Rockwood Area School District. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "PIAA - Schools - Directory - Rockwood Area High School". Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association. Retrieved 24 December 2011.