Rocky Gap, Virginia
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rocky Gap is an unincorporated community that is located in Bland County in the U.S. state of Virginia. In the year of 2009, there was an estimate that there were a total of 75 people living in Rocky Gap. Rocky Gap has one zip code (24366).
The community is connected to neighboring Bluefield, WV by the East River Mountain Tunnel, which carries Interstate 77 beneath East River Mountain. It is in the heart of the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians.
Rocky Gap is located along the border with West Virginia, about 8 miles from Bluefield, WV. Rocky Gap has a total area of 4 miles and 95% of it is land the other 5% is water. Although only 5% water, Rocky Gap is somewhat unusual in that the waters of Clear Fork, Laurel Fork and Wolf Creek all converge at nearly the same point less than a hundred yards from each other. This spot where the three waters meet is well known for large trout and has been a favorite spot for many anglers from all over Virginia and West Virginia.
Nearby cities and towns
|This Bland County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|