Rocky Point, North Carolina
Coordinates: Rocky Point is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in southern Pender County, North Carolina, United States. It is part of the Wilmington Metropolitan Statistical Area. Rocky Point is situated on North Carolina Highway 210, North Carolina Highway 133 and U.S. Route 117, at an elevation of 39 feet (12 m).
Rocky Point is located at exit 408 off of Interstate 40. Rocky Point is just a two-stop-light town (three, counting the one off of I-40). The community is growing fairly rapidly. Land taxes are low, and the community is served by the Rocky Point Fire Department, Pender EMS and Fire, and the Pender County Sheriff's Office. The community, although very rural, is situated just 15-20 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, with Wrightsville Beach being the nearest public beach.
- Heide Trask Senior High School
- Rocky Point Elementary School
- Cape Fear Elementary School
- Cape Fear Middle School
- John Baptista Ash, former U.S. Representative for Tennessee
- William Shepperd Ashe, former U.S. Representative
- Richard Brickhouse - A NASCAR driver who won the inaugural Talladega 500 in 1969
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rocky Point, North Carolina
- "ASHE, John Baptista, (1810 - 1857)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "ASHE, William Shepperd, (1814 - 1862)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "NASCAR statistics". Racing Reference. Retrieved 1 February 2010.