Rocky Ridge, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Ward Sutherland|
|Elevation||1,265 m (4,150 ft)|
|• Average Income||$84,282|
|Website||Rocky Ridge Community Association|
Rocky Ridge is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located at the western edge of the city, and is bounded to the north by Country Hills Boulevard, to the east by Rocky Ridge Road, to the south by Crowchild Trail and to the west by Twelve Mile Coulee Road.
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1989 (from the Municipal District of Rocky View), and Rocky Ridge was established in 1998. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 1 councillor.
Rocky Ridge is situated at 1,265 meters (4,150 ft), and with elevation reaching 1,275 meters (4,183 ft).
Residents in this community had a median household income of $84,282 in 2000, and there were 4.5% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.3% of the residents were immigrants. All buildings were single-family detached homes, and 9.1% of the housing was used for renting.
There are many benefits of living in Rocky Ridge, such as the Rocky Ridge Ranch Centre, the community centre. Rocky Ridge is often associated with Royal Oak, the sister community.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Rocky Ridge Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 1 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-17.
||Rocky View County||Rocky View County|
|Rocky View County||Royal Oak|