Rocky Run Township, Hancock County, Illinois
|Rocky Run Township|
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||39.87 sq mi (103.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.68 sq mi (95.0 km2)|
|• Water||3.19 sq mi (8.3 km2) 8.00%|
|Elevation||479 ft (146 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||154|
|• Density||4.3/sq mi (1.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62373, 62379|
Rocky Run Township was a township in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 158 and it contained 60 housing units. In November 2016, the township voted to merge with Wilcox Township due to low population. It is now part of Rocky Run-Wilcox Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 39.87 square miles (103.3 km2), of which 36.68 square miles (95.0 km2) (or 92.00%) is land and 3.19 square miles (8.3 km2) (or 8.00%) is water.
The township contains these four cemeteries: Crenshaw, Fletcher, Mount Vernon Missionary Baptist and Oak Valley Missionary. Daugherty
Airports and landing strips
- H Meeker Airport
- Meeker Airport
- Community Unit School District 4
- Warsaw Community Unit School District 316
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Rocky Run Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Niehaus, Michaele (November 9, 2016). "Election results in Hancock and Henderson counties in Illinois". The Hawk Eye. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.