Rockyview General Hospital
|Rockyview General Hospital|
|Alberta Health Services|
RGH overlooking the Glenmore Reservoir
|Location||7007 14 Street SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Emergency department||Yes (Level III trauma centre)|
|Helipad||TC LID: CEM2|
|Website||Rockyview General Hospital|
Rockyview General Hospital (RGH) is a large hospital in Alberta, Canada. It is located in the city of Calgary, on the shores of the Glenmore Reservoir and is administered by Alberta Health Services and formerly by the Calgary Health Region.
The hospital contains over 650 beds and provides medical and surgical services to Calgary and Southern Alberta. The RGH is noted for its comprehensive urology department, and is becoming the leader in Canada for urological care. It includes a 24 hours emergency department, an intensive care unit (ICU), as well as day surgery units. It offers a Maternal Newborn Program, mental health and psychiatric services, as well as senior's health and ambulatory care. Additionally, the Lions Eye Bank, which is a regional centre for recovery of donated eye tissue for corneal transplants, is located at RGH.
The building was designed by Culham Pedersen Valentine, and built at a cost of $90 million. It had a total surface of 69,952 m2 (752,960 sq ft), and an additional 23,000 m2 (250,000 sq ft) were added in 1995. Further expansion in 2004 added another 100 beds.
The hospital underwent expansion and upgrades, with two operating theatres added to the surgical suite, and vertical expansion of the Highwood Building. In addition, the construction included an additional 100 inpatient beds, as well as 3 stories added to the hospital's North Tower, and 5 stories to the South side of the hospital. These expansions were completed in 2008.
- Breast Feeding
- Enterostomal Therapy
- Emergency Cast
- General Ante-partum
- General Cardiology
- Home Visit
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Geriatric
- OBS Gyne
- Pre op Assessment
In addition, ambulatory care include Medicine, Respiratory, GI/GU, Surgery, Diabetes in Pregnancy, Pulmonary Respiratory Exercise Program, Lithotripsy, Pacemaker Clinic, Paediatric Clinic, Geriatric Outpatient Consultation and Geriatric Mental Health.
The Rockyview General Hospital has three parking lots with payment options including passes: visitor/patient monthly ($71), weekly ($40), daily ($14.25) or half-hour ($2.25 per half hour or portion)with some discounts for seniors, etc., with authorization forms. A general monthly pass with no authorization form costs $125 if available. Some parking lots/stalls are designated for people with disabilities only.
- The Inaugural Kinnear Classic
- Alberta Association of Architects. "Rockyview General Hospital - the Highwood Building". Archived from the original on 2007-01-24. Retrieved 2007-03-08.
- Cana Corporation (September 2005). "Rockyview General Hospital Project". Archived from the original on October 8, 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-08.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081003184841/http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/capital/rockyview_general_hospital.htm. Archived from the original on October 3, 2008. Retrieved April 29, 2009. Missing or empty
- "CANA Construction | Rockyview General Hospital Vertical Expansion". www.canaconstruction.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Calgary Health Region. "Rockyview General Hospital Clinics". Archived from the original on 2007-02-10. Retrieved 2007-03-08.
- "Public Parking Information Rockyview General Hospital" (PDF). Calgary, Alberta: Alberta Health Services.