Raquel Roxanne Diaz
November 17, 1981
|Other names||Lady of 106, Roczilla|
|Occupation||radio personality, television personality, model|
Raquel Roxanne "Rocsi" Diaz (born November 17, 1981), also known as just Rocsi, is an American television and radio personality and model. She is best known as the co-host on the BET program 106 & Park from 2006–2012. She was a correspondent on Entertainment Tonight during 2012–2014, where she was billed as "Rocsi Diaz".
Diaz was born in Tegucigalpa, Honduras but moved with her family to New Orleans, Louisiana. She is of Honduran and Chilean descent. Rocsi announced on 106 & Park on July 30, 2009, that she suffered from anorexia during her years in middle school and high school due to her love for cheerleading. She graduated from West Jefferson High School in Harvey, Louisiana. She attended Nicholls State University.
After growing up in New Orleans, she launched her career in Dallas, Texas, as a host on the city's premier urban radio station, 97.9 The Beat. Here, Rocsi cultivated a unique, street-smart style that caught the attention of Boston's Hot 97.7, where she later became a DJ. In 2004, she moved to Chicago where she was hired as midday-hour DJ at radio station Power 92 WPWX-FM, and was known as "The Midday Mami".
Diaz appeared on MTV's Fear as a contestant in 2000.
BET personalities AJ Calloway and Free left the network on July 28, 2005. They were replaced by Big Tigger and Julissa Bermudez. They left and Rocsi on July 6, 2006 won the role of co-host of BET's 106 & Park along with Terrence J. The show can be seen in over 85 million homes in U.S., United Kingdom, Canada, Africa, Caribbean, and Japan. For the debut in Japan, she and co-host Terrence J taped footage there, and appeared on MTV Video Music Awards Japan. In 2007, Rocsi starred as a BET News correspondent in Def Jam: Icon, but only appears in cutscenes on TV and not in fighting mode.
On 19 November 2012, Diaz joined Entertainment Tonight as a daily correspondent and weekend co-host. In June 2014, Diaz was awarded a Daytime Emmy award as part of the cast for Outstanding Entertainment News Program. On 17 September 2014, Diaz was let go from the show as CNN's Nischelle Turner was hired.
In August 2013, she was recognised by the National Council of La Raza: Nuestro Pueblo. She received the Ruben Salazar Award for Communications.
|2012||Gangs of Roses 2: Next Generation||Kate||Film Debut|
|The Last Letter||Claudia||Post-production|
|2000||Fear||Herself - Contestant|
|2006–2012||106 & Park||Herself - Hostess|
|2008||Red Eye||Herself - Panelist|
|2013–2014||Entertainment Tonight||Herself - Weekend Host|
|2014–2015||Hit the Floor||Herself - Host; Entertainment Tonight Reporter|
|2016||Dating Naked||Herself - Host|
|2020–present||Cannonball||Herself - Host|
- Diaz, Evelyn (2012-10-25). "Rocsi Diaz Lands New TV Correspondent Gig". BET. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Back in Town: Rocsi Diaz comes home to tape her hit BET show '106 & Park'". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- MacCash, Doug. "Back in town: Rocsi Diaz comes home to tape her hit BET show '106 & Park'", The Times-Picayune, 2007-07-06, p. 12.
- Kostanczuk, Bob (October 22, 2004). "Rocsi and Donnie offer Latin edge at 'Power' radio". Post-Tribune. p. D1. Archived from the original on March 28, 2015 – via HighBeam Research.
- Thompson, Philip (December 27, 2005). "Rocsi making a name for herself: Chicago DJ to join BET's on air lineup", Chicago Tribune, p. 28.
- "Popular hosts out at BET music video show '106 & Park'". USA Today. 2005-08-02. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "BET happy with new co-hosts Rocsi and Terrence J", Black Press Magazine, 2007-03-16. Retrieved on 2008-08-06.
- Coleman, Chrisena. "The Hottest 'Nerd' on TV: Star from Queens Seen by Millions Around the World", New York Daily News, 2008-04-15.
- Yourse, Robyn-Denise. "Tuning in to TV...", Washington Times, 2007-06-12, p. B6.
- "Rocsi Diaz Making Her Entertainment Tonight Debut". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Entertainment Tonight Wins a Daytime Emmy!". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "ⓇⓄⒸⓈⒾ on Twitter". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Exclusive: Rocsi Diaz Has Been Let Go from Entertainment Tonight, Replaced by Nischelle Turner - B. Scott - lovebscott.com". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "TV ROUNDUP: Rocsi Diaz Exits 'Entertainment Tonight'; Braxton Sisters Feud At Sleepover & More". 17 September 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "New Orleans personalities honored by National Council of La Raza: Nuestro Pueblo". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Rocsi Diaz Joins HLN As 'The Daily Share' Anchor/Correspondent". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Team, The Deadline (22 January 2015). "Rocsi Diaz Joins HLN As 'The Daily Share' Anchor/Correspondent". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "The Daily Share - HLNtv.com". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Diaz, Rocsi. "Rocsi Diaz: My childhood home in NOLA is gone - HLNtv.com". Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Bellino, Damian (May 25, 2016). "Get Ready to Bare All: Dating Naked Returns for Season Three on June 29th". VH1. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- "Rocsi Diaz Dons Brussel Sprouts For PETA Ad". Vibe. December 7, 2013. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Rocsi Diaz|