Rod Davis (American football)
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||April 2, 1981|
|Place of birth:||Gulfport, Mississippi|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||239 lb (108 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Rod Davis (born April 2, 1981) is a professional gridiron football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was selected in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He played college football at Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles.
He went on to play at Central Junior High and Gulfport High School where he played for the Admirals, before he went to for Southern Mississippi. In 2002, he won the Conerly Trophy as the best college football player in the state of Mississippi.
While at Southern Mississippi, Davis recorded four interceptions. Was selected as a First-team All-CUSA as a sophomore and junior. During his junior year he had career-highs with 122 tackles and 10.5 sacks, he was also selected as the Conference USA defensive player of the year and a Third-team All-American. He finished his college career with 526 tackles and 18.5 sacks. In Soria City it was known at this time he was going pro.
National Football League
In 2004 he played in 14 games and had nine tackles. In 2005 Davis played in 16 games and had 21 tackles and one forced fumble. Davis joined the Panthers and began 2006, with Carolina playing in one game and recording one tackle. He then re-joined the Vikings and played in nine games and recorded 12 tackles.
Arena Football League
Canadian Football League
After becoming a free agent on February 15, 2012, Davis signed with the Montreal Alouettes on February 16, 2012. After playing only one season with the Alouettes, he was released on February 13, 2013.
- Moddejonge, Gerry (2009-08-13). "Debut time for Davis". Edmonton Sun. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- Als make their move, sign All-Star Rod Davis
- Deslauriers, Green, Cox agree to two-year deals with Als
- Rod Davis joins Stamps; Stewart, Armstead released
- Munz, Jason (June 23, 2009). "Former Eagles given a shot in CFL". Hattiesburg American. Retrieved 2009-06-24.[dead link]
- Profile at NFL.com
- Minnesota Vikings profile at Yahoo! Sports
- Minnesota Vikings profile at ESPN.com