Morgenstein in 2008
April 19, 1953 |
New York City, U.S.
He also played with Fiona, Platypus, The Steve Morse Band, and Jelly Jam. He has also done session work with Jordan Rudess including his ventures with the Rudess/Morgenstein Project. He also toured with Jazz is Dead. He has also been awarded Modern Drummer 's "Best Progressive Rock Drummer" five years (1986-'90), "Best All-Around Drummer" (1999) and was inducted into magazine's Honor Roll.
He is currently a Professor teaching Percussion at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. Morgenstein plays Premier drums left-handed, and he still tours with the band Winger in Europe and in the United States. He has also been a columnist for Modern Drummer magazine.
Rod is known for his versatility of playing many styles of music.
Winger released a live DVD/CD in November 2007.
- Schlenker, Dave (September 11, 1992). "Steve Morse and the Dregs on the road again". Gainesville Sun. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- "Rudess Morgenstein Project announce four US dates". musicradar.com. October 22, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Hochanadel, Michael (April 5, 2002). "Jazz is Dead to jam on Grateful Undead songs at Van Dyck". The Daily Gazette. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Zimmerman, Curtis (August 9, 1999). "Jazz Is Dead Laughing Wake Water 'Wake Of The Laughing Flood'". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- "About". rodmorgenstein.com. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- "Rod Morgenstein:Cross-Genre Ripping". moderndrummer.com. November 15, 2010. Retrieved January 31, 2014.