Rodney James Rohrich
|Born||August 5, 1953|
|Employer||Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute|
|Known for||Author of Dallas Rhinoplasty and Navigate Your Beauty|
Rod J. Rohrich, F.A.C.S. is a Dallas-based plastic surgeon, author and educator. He is the editor-in-chief of the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and a founding member of the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute and the Alliance in Reconstructive Surgery. Rohrich was recognized as one of the top plastic surgeons in the United States by Castle Connolly's Top Doctor Program for 2019.
Early life and education
Rohrich grew up in rural North Dakota. He completed his undergraduate and postgraduate education at North Dakota State University and the University of North Dakota, then earned his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine. After general surgery and plastic surgery residencies at the University of Michigan Medical Center, he did further training in pediatric plastic surgery at Oxford University in England, and a hand and microvascular fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
In 2003 he was elected president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for the year 2004.
In 2005, Rohrich was appointed editor-in-chief of the journal, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
Rohrich was chairman of the UT-Southwestern plastic surgery department when it became the largest plastic surgery department in the country, and helped to open an outpatient plastic surgery clinic.
Rohrich was department chair until 2014, at which time he was earning $1.75 million per year and was one of highest paid state employees in Texas. He resigned as chair due to allegations of "unprofessional conduct" according to the university, and the university said it expected him to resume the role of chair if he were cleared.
- Rohrich, Rod J; Ahmad, Jamil (2017). Secondary rhinoplasty by the global masters. Volume 1 Volume 1. ISBN 9781482255782.
- Rohrich, Rod J; Adams Jr, William P; Ahmad, Jamil (2014). Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters
- Pessa, Joel E; Rohrich, Rod J (2014). Facial topography: clinical anatomy of the face. ISBN 9781498716796.
- Rohrich, Rod J; Crosland, Mary (2014). Navigate your beauty: smart and safe surgical solutions. ISBN 9781939758422.
- Why More 40-Somethings Than Ever Want Facelifts
- "What Happens When You Can't Afford Breast Cancer Reconstruction?".
- Dallas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Rod Rohrich Honored Among the Top Plastic Surgeons in the United States by Peers in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors Program
- "Rodney Rohrich". US News & World Report: Healthcare: Doctors. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- Rohrich, RJ (15 September 2003). "Mentors in medicine". Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 112 (4): 1087–8. doi:10.1097/01.PRS.0000080319.87331.9F. PMID 12973228.
- Shermak, Michelle (August 2010), "The Leading Edge", Plastic Surgery News
- "History of the UT Southwestern Plastic Surgery Department". 1 January 2012.
- "Current and Past Presidents". American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Plastic surgeons often miss patients' mental disorders".
- Schnurman, Mitchell (October 23, 2010). "A Dallas hospital has reasons for offering plastic surgery". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Gordon, Scott (June 20, 2014). "Plastic Surgeon Steps Aside From Leadership Post". NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth.