Johnson with the Browns in 2017
|No. 63 – Houston Texans|
|Born:||November 28, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||311 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Hazelwood Central|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 5 / Pick: 160|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Roderick Johnson (born November 28, 1995) is an American football offensive tackle for the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Florida State Seminoles.
Johnson attended Hazelwood Central High School in Florissant, Missouri, where he played high school football. He was rated as a four-star recruit and was considered among the top offensive tackles in his class. He committed to Florida State University to play college football.
Johnson entered his true freshman year at Florida State in 2014 as a backup, but moved into the starting lineup for the final five games. He started every game at left tackle for Florida State as a sophomore in 2015 and was the winner of the Jacobs Blocking Trophy.
Johnson was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the fifth round, 160th overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract with the Browns on May 10, 2017. On September 4, 2017, Johnson was placed on injured reserve.
Johnson was waived by the Browns on June 19, 2018, without ever appearing in a game for the Browns.
On June 20, 2018, Johnson was claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans. He was waived on September 1, 2018 and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on September 12, 2018. He was waived on October 4, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad. He was promoted back to the active roster on December 8, 2018.
- Alabama monster hunt: Missouri OT Roderick Johnson latest behemoth to get offer
- Three of a kind: OLs Bauer, Johnson and Wallace among nation's top prospects
- Roderick Johnson (6-foot-7) adds to massive OL class for Florida State; Travis Rudolph, Demarcus Christmas, Lorenzo Featherston signed
- St. Louisan Johnson moves into starting role at Florida State
- Florida State OT Rod Johnson wins Jacobs Blocking Trophy
- Gribble, Andrew (April 29, 2017). "Browns select Florida State OL Roderick Johnson with 160th pick in 2017 NFL Draft". ClevelandBrowns.com. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- Cabot, Mary kay (May 11, 2017). "Browns Sign Draft Picks Howard Wilson, Rod Johnson and Matthew Dayes". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- "Browns claim OL Zach Banner". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 4, 2017.
- "Browns sign OL Greg Robinson". ClevelandBrowns.com. June 19, 2018.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans claim T Roderick Johnson". HoustonTexans.com. June 20, 2018.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans cut roster to 53". HoustonTexans.com. September 1, 2018.
- "Texans sign eight players to practice squad". HoustonTexans.com. September 2, 2018.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans sign Shareece Wright". HoustonTexans.com. September 12, 2018.
- Wilson, Aaron (October 4, 2018). "Texans cut offensive tackle Roderick Johnson". Chron.com.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans sign ILB Tyrell Adams". HoustonTexans.com. October 6, 2018.
- Wilson, Aaron (December 8, 2018). "Texans place Brennan Scarlett on IR, sign Roderick Johnson". Houston Chronicle.