|Brand of Choice Hotels|
|Headquarters||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
Number of locations
|516 as of December 31, 2015|
|United States, Canada|
As of January 2015, there are 516 Rodeway Inn locations in North America, with approximately 26,351 rooms across the continent, and 35 new hotels under construction in the United States. Each hotel is a franchise, managed by a private investor.
The chain was established in Phoenix, Arizona in 1962. Michael Robinson and his son-in-law Joe Simmons opened the chain under the name Rodeway Inns of America. In 1971, the Vantage Company of Dallas, Texas acquired the hotel chain. Prudential Life Insurance partnered with Rodeway Inns to finance the company-owned inns with the goal of becoming a franchise. In 1976, the company began focusing exclusively on franchising. In 1985, Ladbrokes purchased the brand, and two years later sold the chain to Ramada.
In 1990, the brand became a part of the Choice Hotels corporate group, along with Friendship Inn and Econo Lodge. The Friendship Inn chain was absorbed by the Rodeway Inn and Econo Lodge brands at this time.
In 2005, Rodeway Inn reorganized its franchise structure to attract franchisees to the hotel chain. In 2007, Rodeway Inn was named the fastest growing chain in the hotel industry by Lodging Magazine. As of 2016, Rodeway Inn is still a part of Choice Hotels.
From 1990 to 2005, the franchise used a revenue percentage fee structure; after that it charged an annual fee per room. It costs approximately $500,000 in liquid revenue to invest in a Rodeway Inn franchise.
The Rodeway Inn Las Vegas Convention Center has a casino, bowling and billiards.
The franchise's hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is called Rodeway Inn and Suites - Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. The branch has day-rooms for cruise and airline travelers with long layovers in Port Everglades. In 2016, Rodeway Inn and Suites, Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Port was A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. In 2015, a study by Port Everglades mentioned Rodeway Inn & Suites as being one of the most popular hotels, hosting 11% of all passengers surveyed. In 2017, the Fort Lauderdale franchise was recognized as one of the Best Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port by Eat Sleep Cruise. Criteria for being selected included proximity, accessible transportation, parking, and affordability. The hotel is 5 miles away from Port Everglades Cruise Port. They have shuttle service to the port, as well as free extended stay parking. The hotel was the most affordable among those compared.
The Rodeway Inn Historic, in Williamsburg, Virginia, blends in with the local architecture. It deviates from the typical style with historic furniture and brick, colonial design similar to the surrounding city.
In 2009, the Rodeway Inn of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, was featured in the book Don’t Go There! The Travel Detective’s Essential Guide to the Must-Miss Places of the World by NBC’s Peter Greenberg for its F rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- "Rodeway Inn Franchise". Franchise.org. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Rodeway Inn Brand Presentation 2015". Choice Hotels Development. 20 March 2016.
- "Rodeway Inn – Good night. Great savings". Choice Hotels Development. 20 February 2016.
- John A. Jakle; Keith A. Sculle; Jefferson S. Rogers. The Motel in America. Johns Hopkins University Press. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "A Flexible Stay for a Hotel Franchisee". The New York Times.
- "Rodeway Inn". Franchise Help. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Best of VegasRodeway Inn Las Vegas Convention Center". Best of Vegas. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Cruise Port Hotel Has Day Rooms for Late Flight Travelers". Chris Cruises. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Rodeway Inn and Suites in Fort Lauderdale, FL". Better Business Bureau. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Rodeway Inn and Suites Airport Cruise Port Named Top Fort Lauderdale Hotel by Port Everglades". CBS 8. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "2017 Edition - Best Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port". EatSleepCruise.com. 2017-01-10. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "Rodeway Inn Hotels - Historic Williamsburg". Choice Hotels. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Peter Greenberg. Don’t Go There: The Travel Detective’s Guide to the Must-Miss Places of the World. Rodale. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rodeway Inn.|