Saffold with the Tennessee Titans in 2019
|No. 76 – Tennessee Titans|
|Born:||June 6, 1988|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Bedford (Bedford, Ohio)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Rodger P. Saffold III (born June 6, 1988) is an American football guard for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the second round, 33rd overall in the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Indiana.
High school career
Saffold attended Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio where he played offensive tackle and defensive end. He was a 2005 first team All-Lake Erie League, all-district and honorable mention all-state selection at the same high school that produced former Wisconsin and NFL wide receivers Chris Chambers and Lee Evans. He recorded 18 tackles as a senior.
He never left the starting lineup after sliding in at left tackle midway through his true freshman campaign at Indiana University. He started 41 games and appeared in 42 in his career. He was selected second team All-Big Ten by the conference coaches and named honorable mention by the league's media, and earned second team All-Big Ten recognition from Phil Steele's magazine.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 5⁄8 in
|33 5⁄8 in
|9 5⁄8 in
|5.21 s||1.80 s||3.00 s||4.67 s||7.42 s||29 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
St. Louis Rams / Los Angeles Rams
Saffold was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the second round, 33rd overall, in the 2010 NFL Draft. On July 28, 2010, he signed a 4-year contract worth $6.3 million, that included $3.9 million guaranteed. Saffold earned the starting left tackle position for the Rams in his rookie season and started in every game that season for the Rams. Saffold garnered rave reviews for his play and was named to multiple All Rookie teams, including Pro Football Weekly and the Sporting News.
Saffold was the only rookie in 2010 to start all their teams games at left tackle and Saffold allowed only three sacks in 590 pass attempts according to Statspass.com as he helped Steven Jackson rush for over 1,000 yards. In 2011, he played in and started 9 games at left tackle before being put on IR on November 19, 2011. In 2012 Saffold returned and played in and started the last 10 games of the season at left tackle. In 2013 Saffold played in 12 games with 9 starts, and moved around the offensive line with 1 start at left tackle, 3 starts at right tackle, and 5 starts at right guard. In 2014, Saffold played in and started all 16 games mostly at left guard, but also started at right guard and saw some action at right tackle too. In 2015, Saffold played in and started 5 games at right guard. In 2016, Saffold has started in and played all 11 games at the guard position.  
Saffold signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract with the Oakland Raiders on March 11, 2014. However, after a disagreement in Oakland on Saffold's physical condition, he returned to the Rams to sign a five-year, $31.7 million contract. The Raiders had concerns about Saffold's shoulder, which contrasted with the Rams who had "no concerns whatsoever". Saffold received an overall grade of 73.7 from Pro Football Focus, which ranked as the seventh best grade among all qualified offensive guards in 2018. Saffold helped the Rams reach Super Bowl LIII.
- Rodger Saffold - Yahoo Sports
- "Rodger Saffold". NFL Draftscout.com. February 28, 2010. Retrieved September 1, 2010.
- St. Louis Rams Sign OT Rodger Saffold
- 2010 All-Rookie team
- "Rodger Saffold Player Summary". Los Angeles Rams. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Rodger P. Saffold III". Pro Football Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Wesseling, Chris (March 11, 2014). "Rodger Saffold joins Oakland Raiders on 5-year deal". NFL.com.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (March 13, 2014). "Rodger Saffold fails Raiders physical, will rejoin Rams". NFL.com.
- Silver, Michael (March 12, 2014). "Raiders pull plug on Saffold deal". Twitter.com.
- "Pro Football Focus: Rodger Saffold". profootballfocus.com. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Wyatt, Jim (March 14, 2019). "New Bodyguard: Titans Agree to Terms With Former Rams OL Rodger Saffold". TitansOnline.com.
- Teope, Herbie (March 12, 2019). "Tennessee Titans sign G Rodger Saffold to 4-year deal". NFL.com.
- Gaudiosi, John (April 9, 2014). "Why An NFL Star Bought eSports Team Rise Nation Gaming". Gameskinny. Retrieved June 3, 2015.