May 13, 1977 |
Baton Rouge, LA
|Occupation||Penetration Tester, Writer, Libertarian|
Rodney Caston (born May 13, 1977) is an American ethical hacker and writer currently living in Dallas, Texas. He is credited as a co-creator and writer of the first volume of the popular comic book series Megatokyo, and as a co-creator of the second volume. He has worked for Linden Lab, makers of the online game called Second Life, and Riot Games, makers of League of Legends.
Caston was born and spent most of his early life in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He attended Louisiana State University and majored in Computer Science. After finishing school he moved to Dallas, Texas. He married Perla Fainstein on April 21, 2012
Caston is a civil libertarian and active member of the Libertarian Party. In 2008, he ran, unsuccessfully, for Constable, in the state of Texas against Republican Chuck Presley, Sr. He received 19,079 votes (19.44% of the total votes cast) to Presley's 79,039 votes (80.56% of the total cast). In 2012, he ran, again unsuccessfully, for Texas State Representative of District 106 for the Libertarian Party against Pat Fallon, he received 8,412 votes (17% of the total votes cast) to Fallon's 41,582 (83% of the total cast)
Caston is credited as a co-creator and writer of the first volume of the popular comic book series Megatokyo, and as a co-creator of the second volume. He has since parted ways with partner Fred Gallagher and relinquished his interest in Megatokyo.
In early 2005, Scott Kurtz of PvP wrote a forum post that congratulated Caston on his impending fatherhood and inferred that Fred Gallagher had stolen Megatokyo away from Caston. Following this, Gallagher posted an explanation for what he characterized as a buyout, based on creative differences and handled in a professional manner.
- Megatokyo Volume 1: Chapter Zero (Megatokyo vol.1 1st ed.) ISBN 1-929090-30-7
- Megatokyo Volume 1, 2nd ed. ISBN 1-59307-163-9 (published March 21, 2004)
- Megatokyo Volume 2 ISBN 1-59307-118-3 (published January 22, 2004)
In July 2004, Megatokyo was the tenth best-selling manga property in the U.S.
- "Linden Lab Fail | rcaston.com". Rcaston.com. June 15, 2010. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- Employment with Linden Lab, makers of Second Life
- Employment with Riot Games, makers of League of Legends
- "Rodney Caston – Home". 143633541995183523.weebly.com. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Engaged: Perla Fainstein and Rodney Caston | BridalBuzz". Bridalbuzz.dmagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
-  Archived October 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "GEMS ELECTION RESULTS". Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Election Results – Dallas News". myFOXdfw.com. March 12, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "more largos??". MegaTokyo. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Darkhorse's product details on Volume One". Retrieved September 1, 2005.
- "Darkhorse's product details on Volume Two". Retrieved September 1, 2005.
- "Looks at Manga Channel Shift". ICv2. Retrieved 2013-03-17.