|Full name||Rodney Davies|
|Nickname||The Rocket |
|Date of birth||18 May 1989|
|Place of birth||Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (14 st 2 lb)|
|School||Ipswich Grammar School|
|Rugby league career|
|Rugby union career|
Rodney Davies (born 18 May 1989) is a rugby union player who is an Australian-Filipino currently playing for the French club Biarritz Olympique. He previously played six seasons for the Queensland Reds in the Super Rugby competition and is a former rugby league footballer.
Davies attended Ipswich Grammar School, the same school former Reds team mate Berrick Barnes attended. Davies can run 100m in 10.8 seconds. In 2006 he toured New Zealand and Fiji with the Australian Schoolboys.
As an 18-year-old, he said he preferred to play full-back in union, yet expected to play wing in rugby league. In 2007, his first senior year of rugby league, Davies topped his team's try-scoring list in the Queensland Cup.
Rugby union career
In 2009 Davies commenced his rugby union career with the Queensland Reds. On 28 March 2009, he made his Super Rugby debut against the Chiefs. In July 2011, during the Super Rugby semi final, Davies became the first Red to score 3 tries in a match in Super Rugby.
In October, 2010, he was in contention for a place in the Wallabies 30-man squad to tour Hong Kong and Europe. This was despite a five-month break without a match up until October, and competition from within the Wallabies squad from outside backs Drew Mitchell and Lachie Turner, James O'Connor and Kurtley Beale. On 17 July 2011, Davies made his Wallabies debut against Samoa.
- "Rocket Rod Davies to showcase his skills". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax. 16 July 2011. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Davies faces tough choice
- "Broncos profile". Brisbane Broncos. 18 December 2007. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- "Davies signs with French club Biarritz". The Courier-Mail. 11 June 2014. Archived from the original on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Tucker, Jim; Geddes, Jon (2010-10-14). "Reds bolter Rod Davies in frame as Deans pushes the need for speed". Courier-Mail. News. Retrieved 14 October 2010.