12 June 1961 |
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
|Website||Revival Ministries International|
Rodney Howard-Browne is a Charismatic Christian preacher and evangelist. He is pastor of The River at Tampa Bay, a church which he and his wife founded in 1996, and heads Revival Ministries International. He was born in South Africa and has resided in Tampa, Florida, USA since the mid-1990s.
According to Christianity Today, Browne's ministry is known for its passion for evangelism and ministries of restoration, accompanied by "signs and wonders" characterized by baptism of the Holy Spirit and Fire, physical healings and miracles, with frequent manifestations of laughing and "falling under the power" during his evangelistic services. This gave rise to the terms "holy laughter", and "holy ghost bartender", which refer to audience members spontaneously laughing loudly during his services. In 1999, in upstate New York, revivals "broke out" in church meetings that Howard-Browne was leading or attending. He held a long-term revival meeting at the Carpenter's Home Church in Lakeland, Florida and was subsequently linked to the Toronto Blessing. The manifestations at the Toronto Revival became so contentious that the Vineyard Association of Churches severed ties with the Toronto church.
Howard-Browne serves as the pastor of a church in Tampa, Florida, which he founded in 1996. Rodney and his wife Adonica also founded Revival Ministries International in 1997 and are the Presidents of the River Bible Institute and the River School of Worship.
Human sacrifice in Hollywood and Washington, DC
In an October 2017 sermon at The River church, Howard-Browne claimed that "They sacrifice children at the highest levels in Hollywood. They drink blood of young kids. This is a fact", continuing, "The human sacrifice and the cannibalism has been going on for years" in Hollywood and Washington, D.C.  
Plot against Donald Trump
In a July 2017 video Howard-Browne claimed, “There is a planned attack on our president and that’s all I can tell you about right now; I know what I’m talking about, I’ve spoken to high-ranking people in the government". Howard-Browne later claimed that the Secret Service met with him to discover which congressman told him about the plot but he refused to say, citing pastoral privilege.
- Ravitz, Jessica. "Up for Godly giddiness: Pastor spreads the joy of salvation 'anywhere the Lord opens a door.'" The Salt Lake Tribune, March 22, 2007
- "Profile: Evangelist Rodney Howard-Browne." Religion and Ethics NewsWeekly, PBS, August 20, 1999
- Carnes, Tony. "Howard-Browne Takes New York." Christianity Today, August 9, 1999
- Bearden, Michelle. "The Holy Ghost Bartender." The Tampa Tribune, June 28, 1999
- Christ Church, Virginia Water, UK
- Beverley, James A (Jun 27, 1995). Holy Laughter and the Toronto Blessing: An Investigative Report. Zondervan,.
- Graham, Kevin. "Church's Hummer prize too worldly?" St. Petersburg Times, January 10, 2005
- Howard-Browne, Rodney "The Vision of the President" Revival.com
- Justice, Jessilyn (October 20, 2017). "Rodney Howard Browne: Hollywood Execs Are 'Full of the Devil,' 'Drink the Blood of Young Kids'". Charisma News. Charisma Media. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
They sacrifice children at the highest levels in Hollywood. They drink blood of young kids. This is a fact. That's why the next thing to be exposed will be all the pedophilia that is going to come out of Hollywood and come out of Washington, D.C. The human sacrifice and the cannibalism has been going on for years
- Mazza, Ed (October 20, 2017). "Trump-Linked Pastor: Hollywood Is Full Of Satanists Who Drink Children's Blood". Huffpost. Oath Inc. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- Mantyla, Kyle (July 17, 2017). "Rodney Howard-Browne Prayed Over Trump In Order To Avert 'A Planned Attack On Our President'". RIght Wing Watch. People for the American Way. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
There is a planned attack on our president," he said, “and that’s all I can tell you about right now; I know what I’m talking about, I’ve spoken to high-ranking people in the government and this is being planned by people that hate God, hate America, hate our president and we have to stop this, in Jesus name.”
- Mantyla, Kyle (July 31, 2017). "Pastor Who Claimed His Prayers Averted Anti-Trump Attack Refuses To Provide Details To Secret Service Because It's 'Not My Problem'". Right Wing Watch. Right Wing Watch. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
Somebody reported me to the Secret Service, so they came over” he claimed. “Three guys, we sat and talked; very nice people and they wanted to know who the congressman was. I said, ‘I can’t tell you that, it was pastoral privilege.’ I said, ‘I prayed for him’ and he said, ‘So, it was like a confession?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I can’t tell you. I’m not going to tell you, I can’t tell you, it’s impossible.'” “If the Secret Service in Washington, D.C., don’t know what’s coming down, then why should somebody from Tampa?” Howard-Browne added. “This is a senior member of Congress. If he actually knew anything, he would inform the Secret Service himself. It’s not my problem.