William Rodney McMullen
1960/1961 (age 57–58)
|Alma mater||University of Kentucky|
|Known for||CEO, Kroger|
|Salary||US$12,987,582 (total compensation, 2014)|
|Board member of||Cincinnati Financial|
|Spouse(s)||Kathryn King McMullen|
William Rodney McMullen (born 1960/1961) is an American businessman, the CEO of Kroger, the second-largest general retailer in the US, since January 1, 2014.
McMullen was born in Williamstown, Kentucky on his family-owned farm, and was first of his family to receive a college education. He has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in Accounting, both from the University of Kentucky.
In 1978, McMullen began working part-time as a stock clerk in his local Kroger grocery store, while a university student. His work included price tagging items, bagging groceries, receiving product, and running the register. In 1982, McMullen moved to Charlotte. From there, he became a financial analyst in the corporate headquarters. At the age of 34, McMullen became chief financial officer. McMullen was key in the merger with Fred Meyer, Inc. in 1999. In 2003, McMullen became vice chairman, and COO in 2009. McMullen became the CEO of Kroger on January 1, 2014, succeeding David Dillon.
He is married to Kathryn King McMullen, who he met when they were both students at the University of Kentucky.
- "Executive Profile* W. Rodney McMullen". Bloomberg. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Here's what you need to know about Kroger's incoming CEO Rodney McMullen - Cincinnati Business Courier". Bizjournals.com. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- W. Rodney McMullen. "W. McMullen: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "W. Mcmullen". Forbes. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "News Room". The Kroger Co. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "UK alumnus to be CEO of The Kroger Co". ukalumni. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|