Rodney Tiffen is an Australian emeritus professor of political science in the Department of Government and International Relations at the University of Sydney.
Tiffen was educated at Monash University, and is considered a specialist in Australian mass media. Tiffen has authored four major publications Tiffen also co-authored a popular reference book, How Australia Compares, with Ross Gittins, a journalist from the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Tiffen, R., Gittins, R. (2009). How Australia Compares. Melbourne, Australia: Cambridge University Press.
- Tiffen, R., Gittins, R. (2004). How Australia Compares. Australia: Cambridge University Press.
- Tiffen, R. (2001). Diplomatic Deceits. Government, Media and East Timor. Sydney: University of New South Wales (UNSW) Press.
- Tiffen, R. (1990). News and Power. North Sydney, Australia: Allen and Unwin.
- ^ Tiffen RE 2001 Diplomatic Deceits - Government, Media and East Timor, University of New South Wales Press, Sydney.
- ^ Tiffen RE 1999 Scandals, Media, Politics and Corruption in Contemporary Australia, University of New South Wales Press, Sydney.
- ^ Tiffen RE 1989 News and Power, Allen and Unwin, Sydney.
- ^ Tiffen RE 1978 The News from Southeast Asia - The Sociology of Newsmaking, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
- ^ Tiffen RE and Gittins R 2004 How Australia Compares, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge/Melbourne.