|Full name||Rodrigo Andrés Battaglia|
|Date of birth||12 July 1991|
|Place of birth||Morón, Argentina|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2014−2016||→ Moreirense (loan)||35||(3)|
|2016||→ Rosario Central (loan)||4||(0)|
|2016||→ Chaves (loan)||14||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 September 2018|
Rodrigo Andrés Battaglia (Spanish pronunciation: [roˈðɾiɣo βaˈtaɣlja];[a] Italian: [roˈdriːɡo batˈtaʎʎa]; born 12 July 1991) is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Sporting CP.
Battaglia spent time in the youth divisions of Vélez Sársfield and Almagro before joining Huracán. He made his professional debut aged 19 as a substitute in a 3–0 away defeat to Racing Club in the Primera División on 2 October 2010. His first goal for the club came on 26 March 2011 in a 2–0 win against Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata.
In January 2014, Battaglia joined S.C. Braga in Portugal, playing 26 games for the club with loan spells in the middle at fellow Primeira Liga sides Moreirense and Chaves, and at his homeland club Rosario Central.
On 15 May 2018, Battaglia and several of his teammates, including coaches, were injured following an attack by around 50 supporters of Sporting at the club's training ground after the team finished third in the league and missed out on the UEFA Champions League qualification. Despite the attack, he and the rest of the team agreed to play in the Portuguese Cup final scheduled for the following weekend, eventually losing to C.D. Aves.
Battaglia was born in Argentina and is of Italian descent. Battaglia played for the Argentina U-20 team that finished third in the 2011 South American Youth Championship. As of March 2011 he has made eight appearances at under–20 level.
|Rosario Central (loan)||2016||4||0||—||—||1||0||—||5||0|
- Sporting CP
- In isolation, Battaglia is pronounced [baˈtaɣlja].
- Luciano Canepari. "Rodrigo". DiPI Online (in Italian). Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- Luciano Canepari. "battaglia". DiPI Online (in Italian). Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- Huracán: debutaría el juvenil Battaglia at ESPN Deportes (in Spanish)
- "Fecha 7, Clausura 2011, Argentina".
- "Battaglia: "Estou impressionado, o SC Braga é muito grande"" [Battaglia: "I'm impressed, SC Braga is great"] (in Portuguese). S.C. Braga. 12 January 2014.
- "Jesus e jogadores agredidos na Academia" [Jesus and players attacked at Academy]. A Bola (in Portuguese). 15 May 2018. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Kiley, Ben (15 May 2018). "Sporting Lisbon players attacked at training ground after failing to secure Champions League spot". Sports Joe. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "Sporting Lisbon: Players agree to play Portuguese Cup final after attack". 16 May 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Adesso su Rodrigo Battaglia c'è l'Atalanta - TuttiTalenti". 24 July 2018.
- "Revealed: Every World Cup 2018 squad - Final 23-man lists - Goal.com".
- "Colombia vs. Argentina - 12 September 2018 - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com.
- Rodrigo Battaglia at Soccerway. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Battaglia". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 4 January 2018.