Rodrigo A. Medellín
|Other names||Rodrigo A. Medellín|
|Awards||Whitley Award (2004), Whitley Gold Award (2012)|
|Fields||Bat conservation, mammal expert.|
|Institutions||es:Instituto de Ecología at the National Autonomous University of Mexico, American Museum of Natural History|
Dr Rodrigo A. Medellín is a Mexican ecologist and academic known for his work in the field of bat conservation, jaguars, bighorn sheep, and ocelot, among others. He works at the Instituto de Ecología at the National Autonomous University of Mexico and has worked for the American Museum of Natural History, and he has been an ambassador for the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
In 2004 he received the Whitley Award, and in 2012 he was the first-ever recipient of the Whitley Gold Award. In 2008 he received a Rolex Award for Enterprise. In 2014 he was the subject of a BBC documentary film titled Natural World: The Bat Man of Mexico.
- Megan Garber (29 August 2013). "The Batman of Central Park". The Atlantic. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Sarah McPherson (12 June 2014). "Rodrigo Medellín: batting for bats". Discover Wildlife. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Medellín, Rodrigo A.; de la Torre; Zarza; Chávez; Ceballos (2016). El jaguar en el siglo XXI. La perspectiva continental. Mexico City: Fondo de Cultura Económica. ISBN 9786071635358.
- Medellín, Rodrigo A.; Equihua; Chetkiewicz; Crawshaw; Rabinowitz; Redford; Robinson; Sanderson; Taber (2002). El jaguar en el nuevo milenio. Mexico City: Fondo de Cultura Económica. ISBN 9681666178.
- Cassaigne, Ivonne; Medellín, Rodrigo A.; Guasco (2010). "Mortality during epizootics in bighorn sheep: effects of initial population size and cause". Journal of Wildlife Diseases. 46: 763–771. doi:10.7589/0090-3558-46.3.763.
- Bárcenas, Horacio; Medellin, Rodrigo A. "Ocelot (Leopardus pardalis) in Aguascalientes, Mexico". The Southwestern Naturalist. 55: 447–449. doi:10.7550/rmb.34014.
- "Dr. Rodrigo A. Medellín" (in Spanish). National Autonomous University of Mexico. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Rodrigo Medellin". American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Dr Rodrigo Medellin, Hannah Rothschild, Michael Ashton, Sir Roger Carrick". BBC. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Rodrigo Medellin". Whitley Awards. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "The Bat Man of Mexico". BBC. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Sam Wollaston (14 June 2014). "Natural World: The Batman of Mexico – TV review". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
|This article about a Mexican scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|