|2004 Athens||Individual jumping|
|1996 Atlanta||Team jumping|
|2000 Sydney||Team jumping|
|1998 Rome||Individual jumping|
|FEI Nations Cup|
|2013 Barcelona||Team jumping|
|Pan American Games|
|1995 Buenos Aires||Team jumping|
|2007 Rio de Janeiro||Team jumping|
|2007 Rio de Janeiro||Individual jumping|
|2011 Guadalajara||Team jumping|
Rodrigo Pessoa (born 29 November 1972 in Paris, France) is a Brazilian equestrian and show jumper. An Olympic gold-medalist in individual jumping, he is an accomplished rider backed by his 70 Grand Prix wins. He has represented Brazil at six Olympic Games. Rodrigo has just been announced by Horse Sport Ireland as the new Irish showjumping team manager.
He continued to his triumphant career by competing and winning many Grands Prix. In 1992 he rode Special Envoy in the Olympic Games in Barcelona for Brazil, making him one of the youngest rider to compete in the Olympics at the age of 19. In 1996 he again rode in the Olympics in Atlanta and helped Brazil win the bronze medal with Loro Piana TomBoy.
Pessoa took his career further by winning the World Cup Final on Baloubet du Rouet three consecutive years in 1998, 1999, and 2000. He finished as the reserve champion the fourth year. In his fifth and final World Cup, Rodrigo and Baloubet du Rouet finished in third place. He later claimed the title and prize for the world's best rider and in addition to the Show Jumping Year trophy. In 2000 at the Olympic Games in Sydney, he again won the bronze team medal. In the 2004 Olympics in Athens he won the individual silver medal but after disqualification of the Irish rider Cian O'Connor and his horse Waterford Crystal for doping, he was awarded the Gold medal in an award ceremony in his home town of Rio de Janeiro.In 2010 he won the Grand Prix on a horse named HH Ashley.
In 2007, Pessoa won the individual silver and team gold medals at the Pan American Games, held in his home town.
In 2010 he finished fourth individually and fourth with his team of Brazil at the World Equestrian Games in Lexington KY. In 2011 he once again mounted the podium at the Pan American Games in Guadalajara Mexico with Team Brazil to collect a Team Silver Medal on HH Ashley
- Tinkabell-2006 Grey, Mare KWPN
- HH Ashley - 2000, Chestnut, Mare, Hanoverian
- HH Rebozo - 2000, Bay, Stallion, Mexican Sport Horse
- HH Palouchin de Ligny - 2000, Chestnut, Gelding, (SF)
- HH Let's Fly - 1999, Bay, Gelding, Hanoverian
- HH Rufus - 1998, Bay, Gelding, (KWPN)
- HH Oasis - Bay, Gelding, (SF). Died in 2007
- Baloubet du Rouet - 1989, Chestnut, Stallion, (SF)
- Loro Piana TomBoy - 1985, Bay, Gelding, (ISH)
- Special Envoy - 1980, Chestnut, Gelding, (ISH)
- Gandini Lianos - 1987, Bay, Gelding, (Holst)
- Stardust - 1991, Bay, Mare, (ISH)
- "Rodrigo Pessoa será o porta-bandeira do Brasil em Londres-2012" (in Portuguese). GloboEsporte.com. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
| Flagbearer for Brazil
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rodrigo Pessoa.|