Rodríguez ([roˈðɾiɣeθ] in Peninsular Spain or [ro'ðɾiɣes] in Latin America) is a Hispanic surname meaning "son of Rodrigo". It has ties to the kingdom of Castile in Spain where Nobles held the name. It is sometimes rendered without the accent mark. Farther back in history you will find Rodriguez has ties to the Visigoth Kingdom of the Germanic Era (Last Visigoth King).
It may refer to:
- Rodríguez (surname), people with the surname or mononym Rodríguez
- Rodrigues (surname), people with the surname Rodrigues
- Sixto Rodriguez, singer-songwriter who records. and performs under the mononym Rodriguez
- Rodriguez (band), American rock band active in the mid-late 1990s
- Adrián Rodríguez, Spanish actor and singer
- Adrian Rodriguez (DJ), German trance producer and DJ, known as Rodriguez
- Adrian Rodriguez (musician), American musician, bassist of The Airborne Toxic Event
- Marcos Rodriguez, Spanish DJ and producer based in Barcelona, part of the DJ, production/singing duo Magan & Rodriguez
- Martínez Rodríguez, Cuban vocalist most known for his collaboration with Tacabro (aka Romano & Sapienza), most notably "Tacata'"
- Place names
- Rodrigues Island, a dependency of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean
- Rodriguez, California, alternate name of Muroc, California, United States
- Rodriguez, Rizal, municipality in the Philippines
- Other uses
- San Antonio Independent School District v. Rodriguez (1973), a landmark United States Supreme Court decision in which the Court ruled the Constitution does not confer a fundamental right to receive an education
- Rodriguez v. United States (2015), a United States Supreme Court decision in which the Court ruled that, absent reasonable suspicion, police officers may not extend the length of a traffic stop to conduct a dog sniff
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rodriguez.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.