Rodrygo in 2018
|Full name||Rodrygo Silva de Goes|
|Date of birth||Template:Bth date and age|
|Place of birth||Osasco, Brazil|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2019–||Real Madrid Castilla||2||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:31, 7 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 November 2019
Born in Osasco, São Paulo, Rodrygo joined Santos' youth setup in 2011, initially assigned to the futsal team. In March 2017, with the first team regulars in Peru for a Copa Libertadores match against Sporting Cristal, he was called up to the first team by manager Dorival Júnior to complete training.
Rodrygo made his first team – and Série A – debut on 4 November 2017, coming on as a late substitute for Bruno Henrique in a 3–1 home win against Atlético Mineiro. The following 25 January he scored his first senior goal, netting a last-minute winner in a 2–1 Campeonato Paulista away win against Ponte Preta.
Rodrygo made his Copa Libertadores debut on 1 March 2018, replacing Eduardo Sasha in a 2–0 away loss against Real Garcilaso. Fifteen days later he scored his first goal in the tournament, netting his team's second through an individual effort in a 3–1 win against Nacional at the Pacaembu Stadium.
Rodrygo scored his first goal in the main category of Brazilian football on 14 April 2018, netting the last in a 2–0 home win against Ceará. On 3 June, he scored a hat-trick and also assisted Gabriel's last goal in a 5–2 home routing of Vitória.
On 26 July 2018, Rodrygo changed his jersey number from 43 to 9 (a number he already wore during the Libertadores). For the 2019 campaign, he again switched numbers, now to jersey 11, previously worn by fellow youth graduate Neymar.
On 15 June 2018, Real Madrid reached an agreement with Santos for the transfer of Rodrygo, with the player joining Los Blancos in June 2019 and signing until 2025. The rumoured fee was of €45 million, with Santos receiving €40 million as the club owned 80% of his rights with the rest owned by Rodrygo's agents. On 25 September 2019, Rodrygo made his senior debut and scored his first league goal against Osasuna within a mere minute. He scored his first hat-trick, being a perfect hat-trick, and gave an assist for the club on 6 November 2019, aged 18 years and 301 days old, against Galatasaray in a 6–0 win in the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League season. Moreover, he is the first player born in the 21st century to score in the competition.
On 30 March 2017, Rodrygo was called up to Brazil under-17s for the year's Montaigu Tournament. He made his debut in the championship by scoring his side's only goal in a 2–1 loss against Denmark, and netted two more against Cameroon and United States.
In November 2019, Rodrygo was called up for the first time to the Brazil senior team, for the Superclásico de las Américas against rivals Argentina in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. In the 1–0 loss on 15 November, he replaced Willian for the final 20 minutes.
- As of 6 November 2019
|Real Madrid B||2019–20||Segunda División B||2||1||—||—||—||—||2||1|
|Real Madrid||2019–20||La Liga||4||2||—||0||0||2||3||0||0||6||5|
- Appearance(s) in Copa Libertadores
- As of 15 November 2019
- "Inspiração em Neymar e pai jogador: conheça Rodrygo, nova joia do Santos" [Inspiration in Neymar and father footballer: know Rodrygo, new pearl of Santos] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Real Madrid profile
- "How to pronounce Rodrygo Goes". Forvo. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Na mira europeia, jogador de 16 anos faz treinos no profissional do Santos" [In the European sight, 16-year-old player does training at Santos' first team] (in Portuguese). Lance!. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Rodrygo, revelação da base, assina o primeiro contrato profissional com o Santos FC" [Rodrygo, youth prospect, signs the first professional contract with Santos FC] (in Portuguese). Santos FC. 21 July 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Elano anuncia promoção de Rodrygo e Yuri Alberto ao time profissional do Santos" [Elano announces promotion of Rodrygo and Yuri Alberto to the first team of Santos] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 1 November 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Santos sofre, mas vence Atlético-MG de Robinho e fica a três pontos do líder" [Santos suffer, but defeat Robinho's Atlético-MG and stay three points behind the leader] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 4 November 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Sasha e "nova promessa" do Santos viram o jogo e dão vitória contra a Ponte" [Sasha and "new prospect" of Santos complete comeback and give victory against Ponte] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 25 January 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Rodrygo é o mais novo a jogar Libertadores na história do Santos" [Rodrygo is the newest to play Libertadores in Santos' history] (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. 1 March 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Em post sobre Rodrygo, Santos exalta sua tradição em revelar jovens talentos" [In post about Rodrygo, Santos lift up their tradition of uncover young talents] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Santos bate Ceará e volta a vencer em estreia de Brasileirão depois de 13 anos" [Santos defeat Ceará and is back to winning in debut after 13 years] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Com show de Rodrygo, Santos goleia o Vitória na Vila e dá fôlego a Jair" [With a show from Rodrygo, Santos thrash Vitória at the Vila and give air to Jair] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Rodrygo recebe surpresa e é, oficialmente, o novo camisa 9 do Santos" [Rodrygo receives surprise and is, officially, the new number 9 of Santos] (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Lista da Sul-Americana revela que Rodrygo abandona camisa 9 e assume a 11" [Sudamericana list reveals that Rodrygo leaves number 9 and takes 11] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 12 February 2019. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "Official Announcement: Rodrygo Goes". Real Madrid. 15 June 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Nota oficial" [Official announcement] (in Portuguese). Santos FC. 15 June 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Real Madrid transfer news: €45 million deal agreed for Santos wonderkid Rodrygo". Goal.com. 15 June 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Santos striker Rodrygo signs for Real Madrid until 2025". Sport. 15 June 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Rodrygo becomes Real Madrid's first 21st century scorer". marca.com. 25 September 2019. Retrieved 25 September 2019.
- "Rodrygo makes Champions League history with quickfire Real Madrid double". Goal.com. 6 November 2019.
- "Rodrygo scores perfect hat-trick in Real Madrid UCL rout". as.com. 6 November 2019.
- "Seleção Sub-17 convocada para Torneio de Montaigu" [Under-17 national team called up for the Montaigu Tournament] (in Portuguese). CBF. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Oito gols em quatro jogos: quarteto do Peixe se destaca na Seleção sub-17" [Eight goals in four matches: Peixe's quartet is a spotlight at Seleção under-17] (in Portuguese). Lance!. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Rodrygo e Yuri Alberto, do Santos, substituem joias do Flamengo na seleção sub-20" [Rodrygo and Yuri Alberto, from Santos, replace Flamengo's pearls in the national under-20 team] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 7 March 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Após ida de Peres ao Rio, CBF libera Rodrygo e Yuri Alberto da seleção" [After Peres' trip to Rio, CBF release Rodrygo and Yuri Alberto from the national team] (in Portuguese). Lance!. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- Munday, Billy (11 November 2019). "Rodrygo gears up for his Brazil bow against Argentina". Marca. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- Train, Rob (15 November 2019). "Real Madrid: Rodrygo makes full debut for Brazil against Argentina". Diario AS. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Filho de Eric se destaca na base do Santos e é chamado de Neymarzinho" [Eric's son is a spotlight at Santos' youth setup and is called 'Little Neymar'] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Rodrygo at Soccerway. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Com domínio do Palmeiras, Seleção é premiada recheada de finalistas" [With prevalence of Palmeiras, Best XI is awarded full of finalists] (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. 9 April 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2018.