|Comune di Rofrano|
North view of Rofrano
Rofrano within the Province of Salerno
|Frazioni||Abbenante, Cerreto, Fornillo,|
Pozzillo Borsito, Provitera,
San Leo, San Menale, Treppaoli
|• Mayor||Nicola Cammarano|
|• Total||63.59 km2 (24.55 sq mi)|
|Elevation||450 m (1,480 ft)|
|• Density||24/km2 (61/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Madonna of Grottaferrata|
|Saint day||8 September|
The village was first settled between 3rd and 4th century by some farmers and was originally called Ruffium.
Rofrano is situated on a hill below the Apennine Mountains and is surrounded mainly by forests. The town is 39 km from Vallo della Lucania, 55 km from Sala Consilina and 139 km from Salerno. Its municipal territory is adjacent to Alfano, Caselle in Pittari, Laurino, Laurito, Montano Antilia, Novi Velia, Roccagloriosa, Sanza, Torre Orsaia and Valle dell'Angelo. Its northernmost point shares part of the territory of Pruno with Laurino. To the north-west of the municipality, on the road to Sanza, is the Cervati, one of the highest mountains of Campania.
The hamlets (frazioni) of Rofrano are the villages of Cerreto and San Menale. Other localities, consisting mainly of some scattered farmhouses, are Abbenante, Fornillo, Pozzillo Borsito, Provitera, San Leo and Treppaoli.
- San Menale is located near Rofrano. With a population of 214, it is the most populous hamlet. The river Faraone crosses the south side of the village.
- Cerreto is located in south of the municipality, near the borders with Torre Orsaia and its hamlet Borgo Cerreto, and counts a population of 4.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Source: Istat 2010
- Map of Rofrano (showing municipal boundaries) at OpenStreetMaps
- Rofrano municipal map on Google Maps
- (in Italian) San Menale at italia.indettaglio.it
- (in Italian) Cerreto at italia.indettaglio.it
Media related to Rofrano at Wikimedia Commons
- (in Italian) Rofrano official website
|This Campanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|