Roger Alan Wade
|Roger Alan Wade|
|Genres||Ameripolitan, Country, rock|
|Labels||Johnny Knoxville Records/Dickhouse Production|
|Associated acts||The Big Ass Happy Family, Confederate Railroad, Danny Shirley|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
According to his website, Wade has penned songs for country legends such as Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones and Hank Williams, Jr. He embarked on a solo career with the promotional assistance of his cousin, actor Johnny Knoxville, who occasionally featured Wade's music on his TV show Jackass.
He has been featured on the TV show Wildboyz. During an appearance on the Howard Stern radio show, Knoxville promoted his cousin's songs, which were favorably received by Stern and his audience and given frequent airplay thereafter. Knoxville and Wade currently host an hour-long weekly show, "Big Ass Happy Family Jubilee" (named after a Wade song), on Sirius XM's Outlaw Country channel.
Wade's lyrics satirically and detrimentally deal with topics and stereotypes relating to redneck and honky tonk culture. Before nearly every live song, Roger states, "this is a song about a girl". He co-wrote the hit song "Country State of Mind" with Hank Williams, Jr.
His songs feature folky arrangements, featuring little or no accompaniment beyond acoustic guitar. His best known compositions include "BB Gun," "Butt Ugly Slut," "D-R-U-N-K," "Poontang," and "If You're Gonna Be Dumb." Wade's lesser known works are less hysterical and carry a more lyrical tone including "The First Time I Saw Waylon," "Brainerd Road," and "Jingle Jangle". Wade wrote "The Light Outlives the Star" for a friend of his daughter who died in an automobile accident and was later a tribute to his friend and fan Ryan Dunn, who died in a car accident on June 20, 2011.
Wade currently does voiceover work for WUUQ 97.3 and 99.3 FM, a classic country station in Chattanooga, TN. He also hosts "The big ass happy family review", a weekly show on Sirius/XM radio with his cousin, Johnny Knoxville.
- All Likkered Up (2005)
- Stoned Traveler (2008)
- Deguello Motel (2010)
- Too Fat To Fly (2011)
- Southbound Train (2012)
- Bad News Knockin' (2014)
- 2002: Jackass: The Movie (writer: "If You're Gonna Be Dumb") (performer: "If You're Gonna Be Dumb")
- 2003: Grand Theft Parsons (writer: "Rhinestones In The Ashes") (performer: "Rhinestones In The Ashes")
- 2006: Jackass Number Two (performer: "Sometimes I Don't Know If I'll Make It") ("If You're Gonna Be Dumb", "Sometimes I Don't Know If I'll Make It")
- 2009: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (writer: "Big Ass Happy Family") (performer: "Big Ass Happy Family")
- 2010: Jackass 3D (writer: "Party in My Pants") (performer: "Party in My Pants") (writer: "If You're Gonna Be Dumb") (performer: Karen O)
- 2011: Jackass 3.5 (writer: "Too Fat to Fly") (performer: "Too Fat to Fly")
- "Roger Alan Wade – All Likkered Up | Oglio Entertainment". Oglio.com. 2011-02-16. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Dulaney, Josh (2012-07-02). "Roger Alan Wade: "Orange County Hillbillies Know Their Outlaw Music" | OC Weekly". Blogs.ocweekly.com. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Roger Alan Wade: RAW & Real – Outlaw Magazine". Outlawmagazine.tv. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Hank Williams Jr. - Country State Of Mind Lyrics". MetroLyrics. 2016-03-15. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Roger Alan Wade – Outlaw Magazine". Outlawmagazine.tv. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2017-03-01.