Roger Bennett (journalist)
|Born||Roger James Bennett|
September 19, 1970
Liverpool, United Kingdom
|Other names||Rog Bennett|
|Occupation||Journalist, author, radio presenter, film maker|
|Known for||Men in Blazers|
Vanessa Kroll (m. 2000)
Roger James Bennett (born September 1970) is a British-American journalist, author, radio presenter and filmmaker. He has written about sports, music, and culture for the New York Times, ESPN: The Magazine, and Time, among others.
He is the co-host, with Michael Davies, of the Men in Blazers. The duo records a weekly podcast (formerly on the Grantland network) and a show on NBCSN. The weekly half-hour NBCSN television show "The Men in Blazers Show" covers the English Premier League. It debuted on September 15, 2014, and is filmed in a studio in the SoHo area of New York City. They formerly had a show on Sirius XM.
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (August 2018)
In 2009, he produced a documentary After the Cup: Sons of Sakhnin United, which covered Bnei Sakhnin F.C.'s 2004 Israel State Cup title and their subsequent campaign in the 2004–05 UEFA Cup competition.
In 2014, he directed "Inside: U.S. Soccer's March to Brazil," for ESPN ahead of the 2014 World Cup. The multi episode documentary series offered a fly-on-the-wall look at the U.S. Men's National Team as they prepared for the 2014 World Cup.
In 2015, he made a documentary "THE GOALKEEPERS' UNION" 
In 2016, he made a report with VICE Sports about Iceland's rise in soccer called "The Vikings' Shocking Euro Run: The Unbelievable Rise of Icelandic Soccer".
He also produced, along with Jonathan Hock, ESPN's 30 for 30 episode "Barbosa: The Man Who Made Brazil Cry," which looked at Brazil's doomed attempt to win the 1950 World Cup on home soil and a behind-the-scenes look at Brazil in the run up to the 2014 World Cup.
Bennett is also co-founder of a record label, Idelsohn Society for Musical Preservation, that has tracked down lost music from the 1950s and 60s and reissued it including BAGELS AND BONGOS and BLACK SABBATH.
In 2014, he announced he would be becoming a naturalized US citizen based upon the United States men's national soccer team's progress in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Bennett became a US citizen on June 1, 2018. Bennett is a longtime supporter of Everton F.C., which plays in the English Premier League.
- ISBN 978-1400080441 - Bar Mitzvah Disco
- ISBN 978-0307382627 - Camp Camp: Where Fantasy Island Meets Lord of the Flies
- ISBN 978-0307394675 - And You Shall Know Us By the Trail of Our Vinyl
- ISBN 978-0345517920 - The ESPN World Cup Companion
- ISBN 978-0061690518 - Everything you know is pong
- ISBN 978-0761169192 - Unscrolled
- "Weddings". New York Times. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Prince-Wright, Joe. ""The Men in Blazers Show" set for kick off on NBCSN" (17 September 2014).
- "Roger Bennett On "Inside: U.S. Soccer's March to Brazil"". Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Rog Bennett to make Donovan documentary".
- "VIDEO: Watch "The Southampton Way" documentary in full". 2 January 2015.
- "Inside the Mind of Jose Mourinho". 31 August 2015.
- "PL Download: Crystal Palace — South London and Proud". 29 November 2015.
- "Bournemouth: Together, Anything Is Possible". 13 September 2015.
- "The Goalkeepers' Union". 12 April 2015.
- "PL Download: The Leicester City Story".
- "PL Download: Inside the mind of Jurgen Klopp".
- "Arsene Wenger reflects on highs and lows of 20 years at Arsenal".
- "Premier League Download: Inside the Mind of Pep Guardiola".
- VICE Sports (21 June 2016). "The Vikings' Shocking Euro Run: The Unbelievable Rise of Icelandic Soccer" – via YouTube.
- VICE Sports (9 November 2016). "Das American: Christian Pulisic's Spectacular Rise" – via YouTube.
- "Premier League Download: Never Lose Faith: The Sunderland AFC Story".
- "PL Download – Tottenham Hotspur: To Dare Is To Do". 26 February 2017.
- "Newcastle United: Promoted".
- "Brighton FC: Promoted".
- Locker, Melissa. ""American Fiasco" could only be a podcast about the U.S. at World Cup '98". The Recommender. fastcompany.com. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- "New Film Series, 30 for 30: Soccert Stories", Surrounding 2014 FIFA World Cup on ESPN". Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Bernstein, Fred (16 September 2010). "A Harvest of Temporary Shelters". New York Times. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Funny, It Doesn't Sound Jewish". Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "The Secret Musical History Of...'Black Sabbath'?". Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- bennett, roger. "My real life brother-in-law, @nickkroll has a show starting tomorrow night on @ComedyCentral 10.30 EST. He's like a male Mrs. Patmore".
- @rogbennett (1 June 2018). "American Rog 🇺🇸 one of 162 New Americans Sworn in from 47 countries around the World. "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." 🇺🇸🙌🍻" (Tweet) – via Twitter.