Roger Cukierman, 2014.
23 August 1936 |
|Known for||President CRIF (2013-present)|
Roger Cukierman (born 1936) is a French banker, businessman and Jewish philanthropist. He serves as the President of the Conseil Représentatif des Institutions juives de France (CRIF) and Vice President of the World Jewish Congress.
From 1963 to January 1999, he worked at the Edmond de Rothschild Group. He served as its Chief Executive Officer in France from 1993 to 1999. He also served as the CEO of Israel General Bank and Israel 2000 Mutual Fund. He has served on the Boards of Directors of Club Med (Euronext: CU), Bolloré, PEC New York, Château Margaux, Publicis, etc. He served as the Director of the Association of French Bankers, the defunct Banque Vernes, Credit Suisse Asset Management France, and the Banque privée Edmond de Rothschild (SIX: RLD).
He served as President of the CRIF from 2001 to 2007. He was re-elected in May 2013. However, his reelection was criticized by some, who opined he was too old to represent French jewry properly. He has expressed his concern about Qatar's economic ties to France in light of its relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood. He has also said he fears Marine Le Pen, President of the National Front, might win the French presidential election in 2017, as she would seek to "stifle minority views". However, in an interview in February 2015 he claimed that Le Pen "cannot be faulted personally" for anti-Semitism, prompting criticism from Nazi hunter Serge Klarsfeld.
- The Capital in the Japanese Economy
- Ni fiers ni dominateurs
- World Jewish Congress: Roger Cukierman
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Cukierman & Co. Board of Directors
- Cukierman returning to lead French Jewry group, The Times of Israel, May 28, 2013
- Crif: Roger Cukierman succède à Richard Prasquier, L'Express, May 26, 2013
- Stéphanie Le Bars, Roger Cukierman reprend les rênes du CRIF, six ans après son départ, Le Monde, May 27, 2013
- FN, Qatar, image du Crif : le franc-parler du président Roger Cukierman, Le Monde, December 09, 2013
- Rebecca Benhamou, Is French Jewry’s elderly leadership losing touch?, The Times of Israel, May 31, 2013
- French Jewish leader fears far-right may win next elections, The Times of Israel, November 1, 2013
- "CRIF chief Roger Cukierman ripped for defending far right’s Marine Le Pen". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015.