Roger Dean Stadium
|Full name||Roger Dean Stadium|
|Location||4751 Main Street
Jupiter, Florida 33458
|Owner||Palm Beach County|
|Operator||Jupiter Stadium Limited|
|Field size||Left Field: 335 ft
Left-Center: 380 ft
Center Field: 400 ft
Right-Center: 375 ft
Right Field: 325 ft
|Broke ground||March 6, 1997|
|Opened||February 28, 1998|
|Construction cost||US$28 million
($41.1 million in 2016 dollars)
|Structural engineer||Bliss & Nyitray, Inc.|
|Services engineer||Bredson & Associates, Inc.|
|General contractor||Case Contracting Company|
GCL Cardinals (GCL) (1998–present)
Roger Dean Stadium is a baseball stadium located in the Abacoa community of the town of Jupiter, Florida. The stadium was built in 1998, holds 6,871 people, and features luxury sky-box seating, two levels of permanent seating, parking and concessions. The Roger Dean Stadium Complex is the only stadium in the country to host four minor league teams: the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals of the Class A-Advanced Baseball Florida State League, and the Gulf Coast Marlins and Gulf Coast Cardinals of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League.
Roger Dean Stadium is one of the only 2 stadiums in Florida to host two Major League Baseball teams annually for spring training: the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals (the other is The Ballpark of The Palm Beaches, hosting the Washington Nationals & Houston Astros, which started in 2017). In both venues, the teams share the main stadium where the games are played. However, the teams have their own practice fields, outdoor batting cages, several pitching mounds, and state-of-the-art conditioning rooms.
Through 2002 the Montreal Expos shared the stadium with the Cardinals, until they swapped with the Marlins as part of the Marlins sale to Jeffrey Loria. The Expos, now known as the Washington Nationals, then moved to Space Coast Stadium in Viera, Florida.
- Knight, Graham. "Roger Dean Stadium". Baseball Pilgrimages. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Jarvis, Gary. "Roger Dean Stadium". Minor League Ballparks. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- "Pro Baseball Sports Facilities". Bredson & Associates, Inc. Archived from the original on April 10, 2002. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Muret, Don (September 13, 2004). "Teams Face Repairs at Spring Training Facilities". SportsBusiness Journal. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "McGwire Christens New Park for Cards". Southeast Missourian. Cape Girardeau, Missouri. March 1, 1998. pp. 1B, 4B. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Dorado, Juan (July 12, 2012). "Roger Dean Stadium to Host World Baseball Classic Qualifier". TCPalm. Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers. Archived from the original on July 27, 2012. Retrieved July 27, 2012.