A student at the lycée in Nice, and khâgne at the Lycée Louis-le-Grand in Paris, in 1959 he entered the école normale supérieure, where he earned degrees in philosophy and sociology. He often collaborates with Christian Baudelot, a sociologist at the École normale supérieure. He was involved in Althusser's Reading Capital project.
- L'École capitaliste en France, 1970 (with Christian Baudelot)
- Le niveau monte (with Christian Baudelot)
- (with Christian Baudelot) Suicide: The Hidden Side of Modernity (2008). ISBN 9780745640563
- site Internet de l'Association des anciens élèves, élèves et amis de l'ENS
- Review Times Higher Education. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
|This biographical article about a French academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|