Roger G. Walker
Walker obtained his D.Phil. from Oxford University. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Johns Hopkins University. For 32 years, he taught at McMaster University. In 1998, Walker left McMaster to be a consultant in Calgary.
In 2013, Walker achieved the title of Master Model Railroader from the National Model Railroad Association.
- made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada
- made an honorary member of Society of Sedimentary Geology
- 1975, awarded the Past Presidents' Medal by the Geological Association of Canada
- 1990, awarded the R. J. W. Douglas Medal by the Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
- 1999, awarded the Logan Medal by the Geological Association of Canada
- awarded the Francis J. Pettijohn Medal by the Society of Sedimentary Geology
- awarded the Henry Clifton Sorby Medal by the International Association of Sedimentologists
- awarded the Distinguished Educator Award by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists