This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||September 10, 1901|
Newark, New Jersey , U.S.
|Died||September 30, 1967(aged 66)|
|Education||Princeton University, Columbia University|
|Notable works||The Outboard Boys series|
Garis was born in Newark, New Jersey, and attended Princeton University and Columbia University, but received his law degree from New Jersey Law School. Garis also wrote several books under pseudonyms for the Stratemeyer Syndicate, as did his parents.
Garis' sister, Cleo F., also wrote a three-book series concurrently with his Outboard Boys series.
Roger Garis' daughter, Leslie Garis, wrote a memoir of the family, The House of Happy Endings (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2007).
- The Outboard Boys At Mystery Island [f|1933]
- The Outboard Boys At Shadow Lake [f|1933]
- The Outboard Boys At Pirate Beach [f|1933]
- The Outboard Boys At Shark River [f|1934]
- Amusement Park (D. Appleton-Century, New York/London) [f|1934]
- Never Take Candy From A Stranger [f|1961]
- My Father Was Uncle Wiggily 1966
- Never Take Sweets from a Stranger (1960) at imdb.com