Roger Joseph Manning Jr.
Roger Joseph Manning Jr.
|Born||May 27, 1966|
|Genres||Power pop, alternative rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, bass, Omnichord|
|Associated acts||Beatnik Beatch, Imperial Drag, Jellyfish, Logan's Sanctuary, Malibu, The Moog Cookbook, TV Eyes, Interpol|
Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (born May 27, 1966) is an American power pop and electronic rock musician, singer and songwriter. He has been a founding member of the bands Jellyfish, Imperial Drag and TV Eyes, and has released a number of solo albums.
Manning was a founding member of bands Jellyfish, Imperial Drag, The Moog Cookbook, and TV Eyes. He has also spent several years as an integral member of Beck's backing band, and made contributions to several recordings by the band Air. He is known for his distinctive style of playing various analog and digital synthesizers. Electronica, power pop, psychedelia and jazz are his primary genres although he also does session work with a number of artists as well as commercial and soundtrack music. He worked with producer Jerry Finn, through whom he was credited as keyboardist on a number of recordings with pop-punk band Blink-182.
In early 2006, Manning released his first solo album in Japan only: Solid State Warrior. It was subsequently issued in the U.S. under a different title, The Land of Pure Imagination, along with an altered song content. In March 2008, Manning released his second solo album in Japan only. That album, Catnip Dynamite, was eventually released in the U.S. on February 3, 2009. The U.S. release contains three bonus tracks that were recorded during a live performance at Fujifest in Japan. His latest release was a 4-song EP called Glamping. Manning is also credited with playing keyboards on several 2004-2009 works by singer Morrissey.  In January 2019, Manning was featured on "Echoes Of You" by Vancouver-based band Marianas Trench.
- Solid State Warrior (2006, Japan) / The Land of Pure Imagination (2006, US)
- Robo-Sapiens (as Malibu, 2007)
- Catnip Dynamite (2008)
- Glamping (2018)
- TV Eyes (2006)
- Manning, Roger Joseph Jr., 1966– faqs.org
- Margot Whitmire (30 October 2004). "Expansion Team". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 44–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Billboard review. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Prefix Mag. Review of The Land of Pure Imagination. Retrieved on 13 February 2016.
- Review by Joseph McCombs. "Roger Manning, Solid State Warrior". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- Review by Ned Ragget. "Roger Manning, Catnip Dynamite". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- Marianas Trench. "Marianas Trench - Echoes Of You (Feat. Roger Joseph Manning Jr.)". Youtube. Retrieved 2019-02-08.