Fairfield, Connecticut has a total of 16 public schools. There are a total of seven private elementary schools, two private high schools, and two private universities located in Fairfield.
Fairfield public schools
Fairfield's public schools are governed by a large administrative body, as well as a nine-member elected Board of Education.
- Burr Elementary School - Established 2004
- Holland Hill School
- Jennings School - Established 1967
- McKinley School
- Mill Hill School - Established 1956, Reopened 1991
- North Stratfield School
- Osborn Hill School - Established 1957, Closed 1981, Reopened 1997.
- Riverfield School - Established 1962
- Roger Sherman School
- Stratfield School
- Timothy Dwight School
Private and parochial schools
- Eagle Hill - Southport
- Fairfield Country Day School
- Hillel Academy
- Holy Family School - closed by the Diocese of Bridgeport at the end of the 2009-2010 academic year
- Our Lady of the Assumption School
- Pear Tree Point School
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- The Unquowa School