Roger M. Enoka
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2013)
|Roger M. Enoka
Enoka at a lab journal club in 2008
|Born||Roger Maro Enoka
April 7, 1949
Palmerston North, New Zealand
|Education||Dip. P.E. University of Otago
Dip. Teaching Christchurch Teachers' College
M.S. University of Washington
Ph.D. University of Washington
|Employer||University of Colorado at Boulder|
|Organization||Department of Integrative Physiology|
|Known for||Biomechanics, Fatigue, Aging, Electromyography, Motor Control|
|Awards||2004 Presidential Lecture, American College of Sports Medicine|
Roger Maro Enoka is professor and former chair of the Department of Integrative Physiology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He is also the director of the Neurophysiology of Movement Lab.
According to Web of Knowledge, Professor Enoka has 232 published items, which have been cited a total of 9,254 times (as of Nov 10, 2014). His most frequently cited paper (622 citations) is titled "Neurobiology of Muscle Fatigue". Professor Enoka has an h-index of 51 as of November 10, 2014.
In 2012, Enoka co-authored a review on the motor unit with C.J. Heckman. This work represents a major contribution as the work was published in Comprehensive Physiology, which is the most authoritative collection of review content ever assembled in the physiological sciences.
To appear in publication in 2013, Enoka co-authored a chapter in the 5th edition of Principles of Neural Science along with Pearson KG. The chapter is titled "The motor unit and muscle action."
Invited lectures and awards
In May 2010, Enoka was inducted into the University of Otago, School of Physical Education Wall of Fame.
On Nov 1, 2012, Enoka delivered a keynote lecture titled "Adaptations in physical performance from childhood to senescence" at the 4th International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health in Sydney, Australia.
- List of Integrative Physiology Faculty
- Enoka's Lab Webpage
- Enoka, RM; Stuart, DG (May 1992). "Neurobiology of muscle fatigue". J. Appl. Physiol. 72: 1631–48. PMID 1601767.
- ISI Web of Knowledge
- Heckman, C.J. (2012). "Motor Unit". Comprehensive Physiology. doi:10.1002/cphy.c100087.
- Profile on the University of Otago Wall of Fame
- ISB 2011 Keynote Speaker Information
- ACSMS 2012 Keynote Speaker Information
- Recent Publications on PubMed
- Roger Enoka on NeuroTree
- CU Faculty Focus with Roger Enoka
- Lecture titled 'Neural Adaptations with Chronic Activity Patterns in Able-Bodied Humans'
- Paris Motor Neuron Meeting Lecture titled 'Discharge characteristics of motor units at recruitment during sustained contractions differ for young and old humans' co-authored with Mike Pascoe