This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2021)
|Birth name||Roger Mas i Solé|
|Born||December 9, 1975|
Solsona, Lleida, Spain
|Genres||Folk, folk rock, rock, world music|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician, poet|
|Instrument(s)||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Years active||1996 - Present|
|Labels||K Industria Cultural, Picap|
Roger Mas i Solé (born 1975 in Solsona, Lleida) is a Spanish Catalan singer–songwriter.
Mas was born in 1975 to a family of musicians. When he was five years old, he began playing instruments under the guidance of his grandfather. His artistic activity as a clarinet and saxophone player began when he was 12. In 1994, he started to investigate different musical expressions from around the world led by the expertise of Luis Paniagua.
In 1996, he won the Catalunya Ràdio Award, launching his career as a singer-songwriter. With nine albums, awards received for each new project and widespread acclaim from critics, he has become a true figure of the song.
His music is built upon the three pillars of modern music, traditional music and the ancestral sounds of the world. His lyrics mix the language of the street, literary words and expressions that are disappearing.
His voice has been described as the most beautiful ever to come from Catalan music. He has performed in France, Cuba, Italy, Uruguay, Serbia, United States and Brazil.
- Les Flors del Somni (1997)
- Casafont (1999)
- Roger Mas & Les Flors en el camí de les serps i els llangardaixos blaus cap a la casa de vidre de la Senyora dels Guants Vermells (2001)
- dp (2003)
- Mística domèstica (2005)
- Les cançons tel·lúriques (2008)
- A la casa d'enlloc (2010)
- Roger Mas i la Cobla Sant Jordi - Ciutat de Barcelona (2012) Live album
- Irredempt (2015)
- Parnàs (2018)
- Flors, somnis, camins i serps (poems and songs) 1998
- La teulada és oberta i no sé on són les parets (short stories, poetry and prose) 2000 edition: ISBN 84-95304-10-4
- ^ [permanent dead link], Mingus B. Formentor, La Vanguardia. (Retrieved February 11, 2006).[dead link]
- ^ , Mercado cultural, Salvador de Bahia[dead link]
- Official webpage
- MySpace page
- Facebook page
- "Roger Mas i Solé". Enciclopèdia Catalana (in Catalan). Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved December 4, 2021.