|Born||Roger Andrew Mathey
December 23, 1969
|Residence||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Education||Jakarta International School
Hawaii Preparatory Academy
|Alma mater||Chapman University, Orange, CA|
|Occupation||Producer, director, actor, playwright|
|Notable work||Trainspotting (the play)
You Make Me Physically ILL
Roger Mathey is an award-winning American theatrical director, as well as a playwright, actor, producer, and filmmaker. His plays have been staged in Los Angeles, Orange County, Bakersfield, and San Francisco in California, and also in Denver, Colorado.
Roger Mathey won the 2002 Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award for Direction for the Los Angeles stage production of Trainspotting, and also the 2002 LA Weekly Theater Award for Direction, also for Trainspotting.
Some of the plays he has directed, written, acted in and/or produced are the following: The Time of Your Life, Lysistrata, Escurial, Amadeus, A Hatful of Rain, Beirut, Futon Culture, Naked Twister, Trainspotting, The House of Yes, Cleansed, The White Whore and the Bit Player, You Make Me Physically Ill, Chatsworth, Geeks vs. Zombies, and You Make me Physically Ill: Episode 2 - Love Never Dies.
Mathey's production company is seat of your pants Productions.
- Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle 2000-2002 Awards (website)
- Some Enchanted Evening: The 24th Annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards from the L.A. Weekly (website)
- Interview by Sheena Metal with Roger Mathey, David Agranov, and Justin Zachary (audio), "The Sheena Metal Experience," LA Talk Radio, March 12, 2013.
- "Last Chance", Los Angeles Times, June 13, 2002.
- "'Trainspotting' Finds the Right Balance Between Grim and Funny", Backstage, March 11, 2013
- "Review: Racing toward oblivion via 'Trainspotting'", Los Angeles Times, April 19, 2013.
- "Trainspotting at the Elephant Theatre: Daring, Gritty and Heartbreaking", The Huffington Post, May 6, 2013.
- "Dickens is given a breezy makeover", Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2004.
- "The Good, the Bad and the Horny", LA Weekly, Nov 8 2006.
- "The White Whore and the Bit Player", Bakotopia (website), Aug 7, 2007.
- "Theater review: 'So Damned Heavenly Bound,' 'You Make Me Physically Ill'", Los Angeles Times, Aug 11, 2011.
- "YOU MAKE ME PHYSICALLY ILL — Review", Hollywood Revealed (website), Aug 22, 2011.
- "Stage Raw: Violators Will Be Violated", LA Weekly, Nov 30, 2009.
- "Theater Reviews: A Lie of the Mind, Mercy Warren’s Tea, Molly, Extinction. Also, Chatsworth, Grace Kim & the Spiders From Mars, Post, and more", LA Weekly, Dec. 2, 2009.
- "The Coolest Things to do in the Valley this Winter", Valley Scene Magazine, Nov 27, 2009.
- "Geeks vs Zombies", Hollywood Revealed (website), Aug 18, 2012.
- "Lookout Zombies! The Geeks are Coming!", LA Splash.
- "Love Never Dies. Laughs Never Stop.", Hollywood Revealed (website), June 11, 2013.
- "You Make me Physically Ill: Episode 2 - Love Never Dies". Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- seat of your pants Productions (official website)
- IMDB: Naked Twister
- New York Times Movies: Naked Twister
- "BIFF (The Bakersfield Independent Film Festival)", Bakotopia (website), Jun 21, 2006.
- "Hey, local filmmakers: Here's your chance to shine", The Bakersfield Californian, Sep 26, 2012.
- "Bakersfield ready to roll film on festival", The Bakersfield Californian, October 29, 2012
- Seat of Your Pants Productions - Roger Mathey's production company